Show us your AK's (pics)

Sixer

I'm refinishing the wood furniture on mine right now. Hope to have some pics up soon. In the meantime, if you're up for a little "show and tell" then let's see them!

kristop64089

I'll play

Here is my SAR-1 in it's Blonde getup:
000_0300.jpg

Also have a Brunette and Redhead version as well:p

amprecon

This is my baby, a SLR-95 milled receiver Bulgarian made AK-47. It is an accurate carbine. I enhanced it a little by installing the Ultimak tube rail and adding an Aimpoint CompC3 2moa red dot and a Streamlight TLR-1 light. I have installed the required number of U.S. made parts to replace the thumbhole stock with the traditional pistol grip and stock. If civilization ceases to be civil one of my female family members would probably use this as it's small and user friendly. I'd be relegated to the scoped M1A or Garand with Aimpoint mounted.
attachment.php

Hmmm, sorry, try this link
http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=99197&d=1243836510

Last edited:

tju1973

Not a fancy pict, but--

Here is my WASR 10-- I know, its a CIA BOTB version, but it works great-- pie plate accurate at 100 yrds with irons (off the bench), so I am happy--

I paid $400 from a guy off of GB, who let me fire it before I bought it (he lived about an hour away)-- which is rare, but I appreciated it-- He said he wanted me to be happy with it before I sank my cash into it...

It has a buttpad/butstock extension, AK74 style brake, and an internal buffer-- I have 2 East Euro (not sure the country of origin)m 1 Poly Bulgy, and one Pro Mag-- and they all (even the P-Mag) work great--

I was going to tacticool mine, but opted to BLO the wood with a tshirt over a couple of weeks, and then Johnson paste wax (with a t-shirt)-- Looks good enough for me, and like I said, it shoots well-- and shoots everything fine-- not real high on Winchester-- too expensive, and the primers are softish..but it shoots them well. I really like Monarch and Barnaul (Monarch is always --almost always in stock locally, and I found Barnaul on clearance last year for $2.99 a box of 50-- I bought all they still had, which was about 20 boxes...)..

DSC00002.jpg

essohbe

Nice guns. Here's mine:

AKMgp63.jpg

I want to know, if anyone has an answer, how much difference is there between an AK-74 type muzzle brake and the Slant-cut one I currently use?
Is one more accurate than the other? I wouldn't think it would matter on the AK as long as you have something but I never shot a rifle with the cage brake or the 74 style one.

Any info?

buzz_knox

I want to know, if anyone has an answer, how much difference is there between an AK-74 type muzzle brake and the Slant-cut one I currently use?
Is one more accurate than the other? I wouldn't think it would matter on the AK as long as you have something but I never shot a rifle with the cage brake or the 74 style one.

There was a Small Arms Review article in the last year or so that touched on this. The 74 style brake seemed to improve accuracy, as it doesn't shift the weapon off target as much as the slant cut. It provides a more uniform gas release versus the angled one of the slant compensator, resulting in less disruption.

The counterpoint is that the flash and report is often enhanced with the 74 brake.