Shout out for CZ 83

reteach

I went to the range yesterday. The main reason I went was to shoot my .327 revolvers, an LRCx and a Single Seven. But I put the CZ 83, .32 acp in the bag because I hadn't shot it for a while. I went through my ammo for the revolvers, and the results were good. I shot a mix of aimed and point shooting and strong and weak hand and so forth.

Then I got out the 83. I had changed targets a few times and was too lazy to do it again. I placed one round in a blank area of the paper and used that as my aim point. Then I fired 14 more rounds, two-hand grip and slow fire. The CZ made that one ragged hole about 1" in diameter. This was at about 25 feet. I wish I had thought to take a picture, but you'll have to take my word for it.

Back when all those Beretta 81's hit the market I was very tempted but kept telling myself I already had the CZ 83 and didn't need to spend the money. Turns out I was right. The CZ 83 in .32 is hard to find now, but if you ever have the chance, it's a jewel.

PSP

The .32 CZ83 I had was very enjoyable to shoot. It's only flaw was a tendency toward rimlock. CZ modified later mags to eliminate that problem. To be honest I wish I had it back. Traded it and another pistol for a Colt AR 6731.