Shoulder rig?

Dashunde

Any suggestions for under-arm carrying a G27?

We're headed into winter coat wearing and I'd like to get my G27 off of my hip and into a rig that puts it under my left armpit with maybe a couple of mags under my right armpit.

I drive a lot for work, so getting it out of my waistband might be nice for awhile thru the winter.

AK103K

Galco Executive.

Its a minimal, very comfortable shoulder holster, but you'll need to find another way to carry your reloads. I use mine with a 26 as a back up, so the reloads really arent an issue.

MLeake

Dashunde...

... I haven't received mine yet, so I can't say firsthand how well it will work. However, after reading up on these, figured "why not?" and ordered one.

http://shoulderholster.us/

(The shoulder rig I had was horizontal, and the base where I'm working added a requirement for vertical carry, so for now I'm using a belt rig while awaiting the new holster.)

ClydeFrog

Good shoulder rigs, Aker; Robert Boatman...

Hello;
For the small, Glock model 27 .40S&W models, I'd suggest the leather Aker shoulder holster; www.Deltaforce.com or the main Aker website. Note; left handed rigs may be unavailable or special order directly from Aker. I like the canted angle of the pistol side. I'm surprised that more US holster makers other than Galco or Del Fatti do not really sell the same angled design. It secures the firearm but uses gravity to assist in a smooth, swift draw.
Leather shoulder holsters are sometimes better than synthetic or nylon systems because the leather "breathes". ;)
Natural shade or brown type leather rigs maybe a better choice too to avoid the normal wear of leather and any dyes/treatments with a black leather shoulder holster. Quality rigs are not cheap but will hold up well. Like actor Don Johnson's Det SGT Sonny Crockett character on the NBC crime drama; Miami Vice; hot, humid climates or sunlight/high temps may wear out a black leather shoulder holster faster. I always wondered why Johnson or the wardrobe/producers used brown Galco Miami Classic holsters but working in places like Florida, Panama, etc it makes a lot of sense.
My only gripe with the Aker unit is that the off side mag cases are vertical only. :(
I like angled or horizontal type mag/gear cases. Galco's Miami Classic II, the Bianchi shoulder holster systems and a few others offer these options.
Blackhawk & Fobus have kydex-modular holsters that can be converted from belt to shoulder holsters too. They may have a lot of buckles & snaps though, :(. The websites have design details.
Greg Kramer, Del Fatti, Mitch Rosen, Ken Null sell shoulder rigs but they are pricey & include long wait times.
The late gunwriter-firearms expert Robert Boatman: www.BoatmanBooks.com wears his stock Glock 36 .45acp in a leather shoulder holster with a natural type harness. Boatman wears the model 36 pistol with an unknown type shoulder holster in his www.YouTube.com video clips.

In closing, many handgun owners/sworn LE officers, armed professionals gripe & crow over the use of shoulder holsters(like many of my area's armed security instructors, :() but I see the merits of there use under the conditions you posted.

Clyde Frog
www.Blackhawk.com www.Bianchi-intl.com www.Mitchrosen.com www.Fobusholsters.com www.MiltSparks.com .