Shoulder Holsters

ninemm

Will those of you that carry or have carried a model 66 2.5" or a model 21 4" in a shoulder holster, please comment on which you prefer or preferred and why?

Thanks.

MADISON

My preference in shoulder holsters

Bianchi:
9R-2 for my Ruger[3]s SP101
15 for Glock and all my guns with 4 inch barrels

Sam06

The only gun I have carried in a shoulder holster is My S&W M38. I carry it in a KL Null Model SKR holster. I have used this holster at other times but I used it mostly when I was riding my Bike.

skr.jpg

Here is the website; http://klnullholsters.com/

They are the most comfortable shoulder holster I have used. Gregg Kramer makes a very good one also. I have a friend who carries in a shoulder holster 100% of the time and he carries his Colt Combat Commander 45 in a Kramer holster that is like a Miami Classic.

Blue Steel

I would suggest the Model 66 in 2.5 inch. You have a smaller framed gun, with a slightly shorter barrel. This should lend itself to more comfortable carry over the large framed Model 21.

And I'm a .357 guy, so I'm prejudiced.

cptnjm

ninemm,

I carry a S&W 66 in 2.5 inch and alternately a Taurus 669 in 4 inch - both in a Miami Classic Shoulder System made by Galco. The holster fits both guns very well. And you can choose to customize the opposite side ammo holder by using either a double speed strip holder or double speedloader holder.

Plus, it's easy to adjust the harness to get the fit and angle of each component. It's the most comfortable and concealable rig I've tried, and I'm a 5'10" widebody who regularly wears XXL sized shirts. Hope this helps.

RDak

I have shoulder holsters from Simply Rugged.

They have the Chesty Puller System shoulder harness that fits their Sourdough Pancake holsters. (So, you can have an IWB holster that doubles as a shoulder holster. And the Chesty System can be used for other holsters also.)

You might want to look into that company's line of holsters. They are very high quality and reasonably priced IMHO.

http://www.simplyrugged.com/store/index.html

(The Chesty Puller Conversion System is at about the middle of the page. And I do have a Model 21 Classic that I carry with these products.)