Shoulder holster

sxm1

Bought an uncle mikes nylon shoulder holster today like new from a thrift store for $15.00. It's for a scoped gun so it swallows my M29. Want to use for hunting. Advice/comments?

BGutzman

Uncle Mikes is ok and Im not knocking it, but if you can afford it there nothing and I do mean nothing quite so comfortable as a good leather shoulder holster....

Again enjoy your purchase, Im just saying if you like that you will probably love a leather one..

ClydeFrog

Shoulder rigs for a S&W model 29 .44magnum...

If you want a simple range or field holster for your N frame model 29 revolver, it should do okay.
I bought a cheap black nylon med frame ambi holster for $5.00 in a gun store barrel & used it off/on for nearly 20 years. :)

For handgun hunting with a scope, I'd spend a few bucks & get a Bianchi HuSH shoulder holster or maybe a Lawman Leathergoods STU.

See www.LawmanLeathergoods.com or www.Bianchi-intl.com or www.Natchezss.com .

CF

BruceM

Before purchasing anything from Lawman Leather, I would search for threads concerning them on this and the Smith-WessonForum. People who have ordered from them are running into major difficulties it seems plus the have a Nevada BBB rating of F!

I would take the time to inform yourself before making any decision to deal with them.

;)

Bruce

ClydeFrog

slander-bias; Lawman Leather Goods, forum member...

I was going to bring up the point about Lawman Leather Goods too(as I have in the past with other forum topics) but I'd consider it slander or a bias.
I agree that any customer should review a company or the products before buying but in fairness, Lawman Leather Goods has a right to sell products to consumers & be in business.
To my understanding, the owner/CEO is a forum member too. He's in the best position to address these issues if he chooses. ;)

CF
ps; Forum members have a valid right to express their opinions also but they should be honest & respectful, IMO.

Rifleman1776

The reccomended size of Uncle Mike's holsters is sometimes a puzzler.
I bought their cross-draw (chest) holster for hunting using my Ruger Redhawk with 7 1/2" barrel. As you state, it "swallowed" this big pistol.
I next bought a size down in the same style. It was also large but I modified it using a Chicago screw to sorta pinch down the excess. It is now an excellent and comfortable holster for it's purpose.

Jimbo-Indy

My favorite shoulder rig is the Bianchi X-15. I have one for my N frames 610 w/ 6 1/2" barrel. The same holster also fits my 7 1/2" Super Blackhawk and 6" 686. It even fits my 8" cap and ball revolver. Very comfortable for all day wear even with the heavy 610.
My next purchase will be one listed for Glock 21 as it will also work for my CZ97B and S&W 39. That's the beauty of the spring loaded front closure, the same holster will fit many similar sized guns.

ClydeFrog

Bianchi X-15s...

The leather Bianchi X-15 has been around for many years. :)
Im just not crazy about the elastic bands.
You could always buy a new "Dirty Harry" shoulder rig too from Lawman Leather Goods(if the holster is available for sale & ready to ship, ;) ).

Clyde F

madcratebuilder

Mike's makes some good holsters but nothing I would use for conceal carry. I have a chest rig for my scoped hand guns that works better than anything else I have tried. Keeps the gun and scope dry and protected why beating the brush.