Should I trade my Shield 9mm for a Glock 19 G3?

Freakingstang

I've been wanting another full or mid size double stack 9mm since I sold my xd9.

I have an XDS 45 and a shield 9mm. Both same size, in carry configuration with flush mags the XDS holds 5+1. The shield holds 7+1. They fit in the same holster.

I've wanted a Glock 17 for awhile now, and A buddy has a brand new in the box gen 3 glock 19 from 2010. He wants my shield.

I love my shield, but having the XDS and the shield which are almost identical... I need help deciding...

qwiksdraw

Why not keep the Shield and buy the Glock? If you really like that Shield, trading it ain't going to make you feel better about it. It's called "seller's remorse"!

el_chupo_

straight across trade, do it.

Then go buy another Shield if you decide you want another - $379 or so.

Heck of a deal for a G19.

ritepath

I love my shield, but if I had an XDS and a new g3 19 come along I'd get the 19. Later on I'd pick up another shield if I wanted.

Justice06RR

Do it. Like ASAP

I owned a G19 Gen3 and sold it last year during the panic (regretfully). It sold easily for $475 at a gunshow. I know the Shield is a good gun, but at best its $450 new. You can buy another one down the road for $399 or less if you feel you want it again.

Its a no brainer to trade.

born2climb

If he's wanting to trade even, I'd definitely go for it, as much as I love a Shield. As has been said, it can be replaced down the road cheaper than you can buy a G19. My Shield is a .40, but my son-in-law has one in 9mm. I rotate carrying the Shield .40 and my XDS .45. Both handle and shoot well,a s well as being easy to conceal. But the G19 is my all-time favorite pistol. If I could have only one handgun, it would be the G19.

Last edited:

SHE3PDOG

It seems like you're coming out on top of that trade. I don't trade/sell, but that seems like a decent one to me. If you want another Shield, you can buy one for cheaper than you can buy a G19.

el_chupo_

Perfect time to just be a buddy, tell him if he wants to trade you got him, otherwise, he has a fine pistol and then recommend which gun in that size you think he should look into purchasing.

I wouldnt want a friend to feel ripped off down the road either.