Should I get a G20?

caz223

A friend offered me his G20 for $450.
It includes his dies, ammo (A box or 2), holsters(1 fobus, 1 nylon shoulder rig), 3 10 rounders and 100 rounds of starline brass.
It has never malfed for any reason other than a squib.
It would be an ideal gun to convert to 357SIG/.40, etc....

Blackhawk

Without a doubt, yes.

If it is a problem gun as Tecolote cautions, Glock will fix it so all you MIGHT be out there would be shipping one way. Since you're only going to use it for a range gun, it won't matter.

The holsters, mags, etc., are nice sweeteners to the deal. :D

caz223

What is the problem that I should be looking for??
Anyway, I'm not going to obsess over it, I'm gonna shoot it. :)

Coronach

I just paid $400 LNIB for a G20 (3rd gen) with two 10-rnd mags, and was told this was a decent deal.

Yours sounds good, too. :p

Mike

agtman

For the extras you're getting with the G-20, ...

...$450 sounds like a good deal. I'd say jump on it, especially if you know from personal experience that this pistol's functioned w/o a hitch.

For your stated purpose ("a range gun"), you're actually getting 3 guns in 1 to plink with, as you noted. All you need are the 2 aftermarket barrels in .357 Sig and .40S&W (e.g., from Federal Arms or KKM).

HTH. :)

caz223

I verbally committed to buying it this friday.
I should be committed that makes 12 guns this year.
Then will it stop??

jtduncan

Now you'll need a 6" KKM hunting barrel for those 50 to 100 yard shots on deer for that G20.

Love mine. But get some 24 # Wolff recoil springs and a steel rod just to make sure it doesn't break!

caz223

Not shooting deer with it, got two .41 mags, a .44 mag, and a .45 colt.
It feels awkward due to the unusual grip angle, but shoots very well.
It flexes in my hand a lot more than my H&K.
Once mine's legal, it's gonna get the whole deal.
New spring and guide rod (Possibly heavier.), and at least 2 barrels, a comped 10mm KKM, and a 357SIG KKM. :)