Should I buy a Para-Ordnance P13 "Limited"?

Kernel

p1345LTD-ss.jpg

Have been thinking about getting another 1911 type. A local dealer will order me a stainless Para-Ordnance P13 "Limited" for $725, I've seen'em in GUN LIST for $699. How's PO's quality & service been lately? How easy is it to send a handgun to Canada to have it worked on, or does PO have warranty service in the States? Is a PO going to be as accurate and reliable as say a Kimber or Springfield? Any comments appreciated. -- Kernel

huge

Kernel - I'm a ParaOrdance fan, having a couple slightly modified alloy models. Having said that, I would not purchase a Para, particularly a Limited, without a hands on inspection. I examined three stainless P-16 Limiteds a local emporium last month. Trigger pull, fit, and finish varied among the three from superb in one example, to average in another, and poor in the third. The superb example was truly nice -- crisp trigger, rear sight seemed poured into the slide cut, front sight well centered, very smooth action. I have examined the P13 Limited at gunshows, and recall that the extended safety was too wide and interfered with the grip, and that the front site almost compeletly filled the rear notch. I did not notice the same problems on the P-14 Limiteds. FWIW, I have read many reports from customers satisfied with P/O's service. I have never had occasion to use it. Views from more users can probably be found at the 1911 discussion board. I don't have the URL at hand, but it's hosted out of Australia by a member of this forum. God bless.

HS

Yep that's my Site posted by mq1 :)
Bachman Pawn & Gun still have a P-14 & a P-16 Limited for $649.95 !
Or ask the guys on my Site to look around their gun shops for you.

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

skdtac

hi kernel,
if you need the hi-capacity, i'd say "why not?", but i would NOT recommend any para in alloy. their alloy frames are very weak, and i know of many cases of frame failure, including my own p-13 in alloy.
best,
joe

------------------
www.skdtac.com
tactical accessories for self-defense and le