Shotshell Loaders

passtime

What do you shotshell loaders use for wad and case containers and dispensers? I am interested in what you guys have come up with. I have seen the MTM Shotshell and Wad Hopper dispensers that are for sale but I am willing to bet someone has come up with a better idea.

Last edited:

FITASC

Those are just cardboard. I have some wooden boxes that 4 bottles of wine came in from Costco. I can place almost a full bag of 500 wads and about 250 hulls in each - one on each side of my MEC and go to town

jaguarxk120

With some cardboard, duct tape, or hotmelt glue you can come up with a dispenser just sized for your needs.

By the way after 8 bottles of wine I'm not going to town or
reloading for that matter. The box idea sounds great, have to get to Costco.

GE-Minigun

Sterilite container for the wads (18qt maybe)...little bigger than the "shoe box" size, holds 500 12ga wads; the Hulls are in a 25 gallon tub, under the bench. I run a Dillon SL-900 and load the hull feeder out of the tub with a gallon jug worth at a time.

USSR

Yeah, I've come up with a better idea. I keep my hulls in a supermarket bag and my wads in the plastic bag they came in. I shoot in a weekly trap league, and there have been no reloading issues doing it this way.

Don

big al hunter

I have an old plastic tub for hulls. Might hold 1 1/2 gallons of water, if I filled it up. The wads stay in the bag they arrived in. Keeps my MEC 9000 fed without issues. But I'm not trying to break any speed records,