Shotguns from Turkey

scorpion_tyr

Myself and several co-workers of mine may have the opportunity to visit Adana, Turkey. We know that previous people who have been there bought very nice shotguns for good prices over there. Supposedly they were a very well known type and were worth a lot of money here in the US.

Does anyone know what guns I'm talking about? If so what are their best and most sought after models? We're not looking to sell them in the US, just to have nice guns to show off :p

kristop64089

This is my S.W.A.G. I will say Hugulu. A buddy of mine has one of their O/U, he paid $300 for it, and it is BEAUTIFUL!
If that's it Id say you're GTG.

Doyle

I've never seen ANY Turkish shotgun worth "a lot of money" here. There are lots of Turkish imports being sold now by the big name brands. Mossberg, CZ, etc. buy all of their double barreled guns from there. Generally, these Turkish shotguns sell new for between $350 and about $800 depending on who the major retailer is and how high their design specifications are.

Most of these shotguns are OK; none are great. Double barreled shotguns take significantly more hand assembly than do autoloaders or pumps. That is why they cost more. While an OK double may sell for $800, a good one is easily twice that. A great double will be 3 to 4 times that or even more.