Shot Show - CZ confirms CZ branded 1911s made by Dan Wesson

KyJim

Just a bit of further confirmation (publicly) that Dan Wesson is making the CZ branded 1911s. In this video with the CZ rep at the Shot Show, there is discussion of the CZ 1911 beginning at the 3:40 mark and then the question is asked about the relationship with DW at the 4:40 mark. The rep says, "They're made here in the U.S. and we have one production facillity in the U.S. but they're made to our specs." He then talks about high standards and fit and finish on DWs and says the CZs are fit well but don't have the individual attention that DWs have.

There is no mention about parts quality (except that the barrel is NOT stainless) but I find it hard to believe the CZ could be forged frame, slide, and barrel and no-mim at the price point -- MSRP at this time is being listed at $849.

Last edited:

WVsig

Fit and finish will not be at the same level as Dan Wesson but should be interesting. "More of a user gun."

Sounds like he says it is not stainless but has a stainless barrel @ 5.19.

If these hit the street at a $650-$700 or so price point it will be interesting but honestly with everyone Colt selling the 01991 at $700 it might have to go lower to really move.

I am not sure I would buy the CZ over the Pony. :cool:

Metalboy

I must have one (or two), otherwise I never forgive myself for selling 2 of my Gold Cups.

Q--What's better than a nice gun?

A--2 of them.

Last edited:

KyJim

Sounds like he says it is not stainless but has a stainless barrel @ 5.19.
You're absolutely right. Corrected in the original post.

but honestly with everyone Colt selling the 01991 at $700 it might have to go lower to really move.
You'll get some CZ fanboys who want a CZ 1911 and some Dan Wesson fanboys who want a more affordable 1911 made by DW. Understand that I own several DWs but I also have some ponies in the stable.

Brand name aside (and greater resale value for a Colt), I would really have to feel the trigger. Triggers on my Colts are on the heavy side, though fairly clean breaking after some shooting. I'm not expecting a DW trigger on the CZs but I have production level 1911 from other manufacturers (Springfield Loaded, Sig C3 1911) with better triggers than my Colts.