Shot my new-to-me 870 P.

Bentonville

It is great. I have never fired a shotgun before. I bought some low recoil/ low noise Win. AA and my son and I had a great time. I also fired some 00 buck and it was great to see those nine holes spread evenly in a space about the size of a pie plate from about 15 20 yards. Rapid fire or slow fire, the gun never malfunctioned. I guess I should have expected it. I am now a convert to the joys of owning a shotgun. Thanks to all those here that have helped me in the process.

Sgt.Fathead

The Ultimate Firearm

Welcome to the 870 Fan Family! I believe the 12 gauge pump gun and the 870 series to be the ultimate all-purpose firearm. They are high quality, inexpensive weapons of a time-tested and field-proven design. With bird shot, buck and slugs, they can be used for a wide variety of game. The simple design of the 870 allows them to be easily maintained and even harder to break/damage/impair.

The more the merrier!

'75Scout

Congrats. I love my 870. They are truely 1st rate firearms despite their modest price, especially the older models. Mine is a 1956 model and it has converted nicely to an awesome HD shottie. I just need a good sling and surefire forearm.