Shot My New Tisas 1911A1 For The First Time

Zzeke

I was looking for a "budget" 1911, and based on the cheap price, and really good reviews, I went with the Tisas 1911A1. I could not be happier with this gun! The three Fs (fit, finish, & function) are all excellent. Sometimes you expect to see some sloppy machining marks and such on a cheap budget gun. Not on this one. And the parkerizing is nice and uniform. When I first function checked the gun, everything was nice and smooth, no "slop" or "crunchiness" that you might expect from a budget gun. After a clean & lube, I took it outside to fire it. All I had with me was some cheap off brand 230gr ball ammo, and a 2 litter bottle paced off at about 10 yards. I put all 50 rounds through the Tisas without a single hiccup. The gun just feels good in the hand, and is an absolute pleasure to shoot. I was able to make the 2 liter bottle jump every time I shot! (well....okay, almost every time). I am just tickled pink with this gun. If you are in the market for an inexpensive 1911, do yourself a favor and pick up one of these for under 4 bills! You will not be disappointed!

Attachments

• IMG_4462.jpg
    IMG_4462.jpg
    1,008.8 KB · Views: 218

Nodak1858

+1
I picked one up last fall. Nothing but happy with it, no issues functing, and good accuracy shooting tin cans. for the money I think they are a great bargin.

DubC-Hicks

I bought one last fall as well. Approximately 3-400 rounds though it since, no issues at all. It has smoothed up nicely, and I'd put it above RIA, who used to be my go-to for budget 1911s, as far as fit and finish.

Their newer models in stainless and black Cerakote with the commander hammer and extended beavertail have caught my attention too.

rodfac

Geez, the pic looks great as to fit and finish...what kind of accuracy are you getting off sandbags? I've got a Remington-Rand 1911A1 built in '43 but unissued that's the spitting image of your new piece. Where are they built?

Glad you like it...Rod

bamaranger

The Turk

I've got a thread going regards my Tisas, which is the upgraded Cera-beavertail model. Overall I'm pleased, but am battling a false lock problem. That is not uncommon, even in expensive 1911 pistols. Overall, I'm pleased, and have not read a really bad report on the lineup of Colt clones.

ThomasT

I shouldn't have clicked on this thread or looked at that picture. I have been considering one of these for a while. Does it have the original ejection port or has it been lowered?

What I want in a 1911 is a lowered ejection port and slightly enhanced sights over the GI version. Sort of what SA did with the Mil-Spec. No big beavertail. No extended ambedexterous safety or shiny finish. And a spur hammer.

gc70

ratshooter said:
What I want in a 1911 is a lowered ejection port and slightly enhanced sights over the GI version. Sort of what SA did with the Mil-Spec. No big beavertail. No extended ambedexterous safety or shiny finish. And a spur hammer.

Tisas has an "Army" model that is parkerized and looks like a standard 1911A1. Tisas also has a "Service" model that is ceracoated, has a lowered ejection port, chromed barrel, and flat mainspring housing.

ThomasT

Thanks Aquilla and Gc. And thanks for the link. I have two more bills to pay off and its gun buying time again. Those will be paid off by the end of the month. WooHoo!

bamaranger

Norinco v. Tisas

Don't know enough about Norinco to say. There is a You Tube video regards the Tisas plant and it is very positive. The equipment looks very modern, the shops seem clean and squared away.

Zzeke

UPDATE: I'm the original poster, and I just wanted to update you all on my newly purchased Tisas 1911A1. I have 300 more rounds through it now, and still zero malfunctions of any kind! The gun is more accurate than I am. I am still extremely pleased with this purchase. I'm likely going to by another Tisas 1911, probably one of there other models.

mr bolo

If a new gun can pass the first 500 rds without any malfuntions problems, I would trust it for home defense use.

I like the classic WW2 look of the GI M1911A1 , I would also recommend you get another version

one in the original GI configuration and one Modern Combat handgun version with better sights, grips, etc.

Last edited:

Zzeke

Mr. Bolo, Can you give me an example of a 1911 in "original GI configuration". I am interested in possibly buying one. I'll likely surpass the 500 round mark with my M1911A1 within the next two weeks. I'll report back with results.

gc70

Zzeke, your Tisas IS very close to the WW2 1911A1 GI configuration. To the extent there are differences, they are essentially inconsequential. Things like whether the slide release thumb pad is serrated rather than checkered do not really matter except to a purist.