shot my new Rock Island

Nimitz87

shot my new RIA...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

picked up my Rock Island yesterday got her home stripped her down cleaned it up, lubed it up and headed to the range with a variety of ammo.

used 2 wilson 47d magazines and the provided Novak 8rnd magazine the pistol came with.

shot 185gr+P corbons, 230gr hydrashocks, 230gr FMJ eagle, and 230gr JHP WWB...fed everything accept the WWB had 3 FTF and 3 FTE's...only with the white box though. shot a total of 140 rounds pistol is accurate dont have any target pictures but its impressive for the GI sights...those will have to go...got bit a few times towards the end of the day...not sure if i want to add a beavertail or not...probably will end up adding an ed brown though.

still breaking it in hopefully it'll feed white box little more reliably. not bad for $330

Chad

badbob

Good report on the RI! Most tests have been very good. Which one do you have? I am anxious to try a Commander length Rock.

badbob

Nimitz87

just the standard 5" mil-spec. i'll see if I can get some pictures up...may head to the range today...:cool: thing is addicting...1911's ugh im in trouble.:D

chad

badbob

Nothing wrong with the 5" for sure, I'm a big fan of the Govt model! I think the Rock is not only a good pistol as is, but a good platform to build on AND it's inexpensive enough to modify (I love to tinker) without worrying too much.

badbob

dogngun

I have owned a lot of 1911's and the Rock Island is still my favorite. Very great value for the money, will shoot with the best (most expensive) of them.

Make sure the mags are OK- I have found most failures with these pistols are due to mags.

Enjoy.

Mark