Shot my new Model 85

Rob96

Today I got to finally tak my Taurus Model 85 to the range. I ran 50 rounds of 158 gr LRN and 50 rounds 125 +p hollowpoints thru it. I was amazed at how smooth the action was. Shooting single action I was able to make nice tight little groups at 7 yds. Double action, nothing was outside the 10 ring. Also was able to consistetly hit 3"x3" spinner type target at 25yds. This is a very nice tight little gun. Now that I got to fire and make sure everything is in order, it sure feels good riding in a Bianchi IWB holster.

gunpowder

You had better luck than my wifes new m85 UL titanium hammerless. Finally had a break in the weather yesterday I shot it for the first time to make sure it worked before our NRA PP class today. Needless to say it had the hammerless effect of light hits on the primers producing missfires. $35 later for fedex: it should be in Miami by now for repair probably for a heavier spring.

Interestly She shot a borrowed titanium *&* today which jammed because the lead shifted forward in the cylinder. The guy next to me also had a new Taurus .45 that had a free flowing cylinder that wouldn't lock causing the bullets to be shaved flying pieces all around. Guess Taurus will have another one to fix.

Boy do I like the M-85UL Titanium though.

Lightsped

My Total Titanium, and Stainless Steel M-85s have perfromed perfectly for me as well. Fit and finish is great, as well as total and correct functionablity.

Alex Johnson

Just for the record, I've sent back, S&W, Rugers, and more than a few Colts to the factory for repair work. Lack of Quality Control and Quality Assurance are not problems Taurus and Rossi share alone.

J. Parker

Gosh darnit Rob, you beat me to it. Gotta sell somethin' first before I get mine. I'm glad you're happy with it. Best Regards, J. Parker

poperszky

It took 3 months and three tries for Taurus to get my 85SSCH to funciton properly, started out with light stikes and came back with a severe timing problem. I just put 150 rounds tghrough it yesterday and pronounced it cured. I love the gun, but hate the quality control (manufacturing/repair) of Taurus. I can handle sending it back once, but not three times. Oh well, it is back, it works and and I get to pick up my new Beretta next month.

Rob96

Yes, I know it is not just Taurus that get hits with QC problems. I had a Browning that had made 3 trips for repairs and a S&W 686 that made a trip for repair work.

sox

I have had no complaints with my 85UC UL. It is sweet. Mine is ported,which gives me ALOT more control and attenuated recoil. It is fun, unlike my SW342PD. It is a scant bit larger than my SW, couldn't be happier.

DCV

SW Ti

some SW Ti say you can only shoot jacketed bullets due to bullet creep. Light guns recoil and have the effect of pulling the bullet