Shot my LC 380 for the first time

Went to the grasslands to shoot, and took the newest acquisition to my little gun collection. Shot at 20 feet, from a rest and off hand. Little gun is pretty smooth. Low recoil, accurate, never skipped a beat. Every round chambered, fired and ejected perfectly. Only put about 30 rounds through. I like a lot!
The trigger pull is as reported, looonggg, but smooth and fairly light. Looking forward to more of this. The main reason for being out today was a bit of prairie dogging, so didn't put much time in with the little Ruger.

Kreyzhorse

They are great little guns. Accurate for what they are and very reliable.

Congratulations on your LCP, it should serve you well.

SIMP

Glad you enjoyed it. I've never shot one but I do own a G42 which is similar in size. I imagine the LC380 is similar shooting.

Stay safe and enjoy your Ruger. They have top-notch customer service too.

Thanks for the positive posts. The ammo used so far is PMC Bonze and Hornady Critical Defense.

This little gun feels so comfortable, and fits my little mitts really well. The plan is to shoot a few rounds every time I go shooting, be it the range or prairie dogging.

gc70

My wife has an LC380 and a neighbor has an LC9. While the LC9 certainly poses no challenge in controlling recoil, I was very surprised at how much easier it is to shoot the LC380 well.

tallball

I have an interest in those guns and appreciate the post. I will trade for one if my friend at the LGS ever has one sitting in his case. LoL at "prairie dogging". :)

The recoil and muzzle flip is minimal. It was pleasant to shoot, and less muzzle blast than a 9 mm. One thing that has held me back from semi autos is my problem with limp wristing that result in jamed guns. Not a problem so far with this LC 380.

Is there an efficient way to capture the ejected brass? Reloading won't be viable if used brass can't be saved, and crawling around picking up brass in prickly pear and rattle snakes isn't on my bucket list. Is there a net or something that could be set up to catch brass?

gc70

Colorado Redneck said:
Is there an efficient way to capture the ejected brass?

Get a cheap, thin plastic tarp and put on the ground to the side of where you shoot; 90% of the cases from my wife's LC380 fall in a very small area.