Shot my first reloads today

grubbylabs

I went out and was able to shoot my first reloads and they worked. They even hit where I was aiming and every thing. !Who who!

l98ster

Congrats!!! Welcome to the club. Now the real fun begins!! Start experimenting with different loads. Dont settle on something to quick. You will be amazed how changing the recipes up a little will change accuracy. To me, its a never ending process. I am always looking for better! Have fun and be safe!!!

-George

grubbylabs

How does blue dot compare to power pistol?

I was loading some 230 grn Gold dots and some round ball, But I am thinking about giving up the 30 grns to up the speed to about 1,000 fps instead of 800 or so.

I am guessing that it still wont be enough for a bear but it would do a number on a person or a wolf.

Sorry I am shooting 45 in a Springfield XDc 4" barrel.

Last edited:

Fullthrottle

Can't answer the last question! I just loaded some blue dot for 40s&w, not able to shoot yet(will do in a week or so), I have never used power pistol(want to, just have'nt found any yet)

My first loads worked well too! Now it is time to fine tune them!

abber

Never used Power Pistol, but I also don't know what caliber you are loading. I can say that Blue Dot is one of my favorites, and has been for years. It is an awesome powder for 357, 40, and 10mm. Nice feel, and really clean burning.

Edward429451

I never used Blue Dot but Power Pistol is good so far for me.
I have lots more experiance with WW-231, BUllseye, and Unique and these are three powders you should try for sure.

231 was like the competition powder most the guys used, and they don't call it Bullseye for nothing!

bobelk99

Welcome to the 'fraternity'! You will now have tasks to fill all your chore time. I'm sure the spouse will happily fill in.:rolleyes:

5R milspec

felt good didn't it.I'd almost bet your pecker got hard.no just kidding.glade to see another join in on all the fun.and welcome to the best thing on can do with his money and that reloading his own.

woody wood

welcome to the club, i just started recently and as one other person posted,when i first started,they said"you will never forget the first shot or first range time you spent shooting reloads,waiting for that first bang"
--enjoy

m657

reloading adds another most satisfying dimension to the Shooting Sport....

rather like 'fly tying' is to 'fly fishing':D

All ready on the firing line?