shot my 1st black powder revolver... im hooked!

shoebox1.1

well i recently bought a pietta 1860 army .44 caliber and ive been collecting accessories and possibles for its maided outing. well that day was today! from a 15-20 yard freehand i was grouping about 3.5-4.0 inch groups with 30 grains of pyrodexP. hornady .454 round balls, and remmie no 10 caps. man those caps fragment upon firing!!! im having to raise the gun over my head (like in the old westerns) to get that spent cap outta there. also shot my tokarev for the 1st time and its a tack driver too. i only shot 2 cyl's out of the pietta and 2 mags out of the tokarev. i unfortunetly didnt have much time. the cleaning process wasnt bad... soaked everything in hot water and treated both barrels to hoppes 9 and a brass bristle and coated everything afterwards with bore butter. im thinking about getting a 1862 .36 cal police model....... hummmmmm thanks to everyone here for all your help! im hooked! heres some crummy pics

HPIM1330.jpg

HPIM1325.jpg

HPIM1324.jpg

Doc Hoy

You bought my next pistol

Shoebox,

This is the next purchase I will make. I am thinking DGW unless Cabela's puts one on sale.

Bass Pro Shop is way outta line on their prices. The Traditions 1860 Army is a Pietta manufactured pistol but for fifty buck more money that everyone else is charging.

I am happy to read of your tight group. I have a little Pyrodex but will probably shoot mostly Goex.

Good luck with the pistole.

Hawg

When you cock it tilt the muzzle up and the gun to the right a little and you won't have as many cap jams. Sometimes fired caps stick in the safety slot in the hammer too.