Shot a S&W Thunder Ranch .45ACP today!

glockopop

And it was great, until it stopped working. After 12 rounds.:mad: We couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. First the cylinder wouldn't open, then when we got it open it wouldn't cycle fully. It belongs to my girlfriend's dad, and he said he would send it back to the factory. Shooting it was cool, though. It balanced a lot better in my hands than a 625. I've never shot a .45acp revolver before, and it was punchier than I expected it to be. I think it was mostly because of the grips. The were the old-style 2 piece wood panels. I don't particularly like those on a .38 either. If I were going to start shooting revolver instead of Limited in USPSA, I think I would choose the Thunder Ranch over a 625 any day. The fixed sights are nice and big, and the overall feel of the gun was great.

Erich

I shot one a week ago Saturday, and it was quite nice. The stupid lock will keep me from ever getting one, though I picked up a very nice 625-3 this weekend. :)

JoeHatley

They did in 2000.

625mg_45acp_l.jpg

Joe

glockopop

Wow, I didn't know they ever made those. I might have to track one down. I really liked the Thunder Ranch, but I definitely have made up my mind not to get any S&W with a lock after this. The price of a new one is so high, I bet I could find a used 25 or 625 for around the same price. I was thinking about getting a model 10 but they seem to be going up in price. It may be a little more worthwhile to have something a litle more rare.