Shot a Grendel 380

18DAI

I was at the range yesterday, with a co-worker who had a Grendel 380. I don't know the model number, but it was a 7-shot, with euro mag release.

She was having trouble with it stove piping every other round and asked me to look at it. The ammo was UMC ball. She also had some Independence 380 rounds as well. Eventually she asked me to try it, to see if it was her, or the pistol. I fired 3 rounds before it stove piped again. I would not shoot it again. HOLY ****!!!! now I know what it must feel like to hold a grenade too long! That was worse than shooting 357's through an unobtainium J-frame. The web of my thumb is purple today. How do folks practice enough to be proficient with these? I told her I didn't think it was her, and good luck! Hats off to the Grendel mouse gun shooters. I'll stick with my metal framed 9mm compacts. Regards 18DAI.

Timeframe

I was reading through the new and improved AWB and one thing that caught my eye was that a semiauto pistol with a nondetachable mag would be illegal.

I had never heard of such a gun untill today.

18DAI

:confused: This Grendel 380 has a detachable mag, hence my reference to the euro style mag release. Regards 18DAI.

superfast61821

didn't know that

I have a Grendel P-10 with the internal mag always jams every third shot or so. Total piece of Crap. But for $50.00 I guess I shouldn't complain to much I can always throw it at the target after the first two rounds miss.
Interesting info on that AWB.