Shot a Glock 43X

XDforever

Went to Shoot Smart in Grand Prairie, TX today to finally do some shooting. I'd been neglecting my .22 LR guns and my .45 ACP pistols. When checking in, I asked if they had a 43X to rent. Sure enough they did. I got a private booth and spent about 1.5 hours shooting.

Shot a box of 50 9mm through the 43X. Every shot went bang. No problems there. Magazine fed all 10 rounds 5 times with no hiccups. It had more jump than I was used to though. I felt more recoil from it than I did shooting my Shield .45 acp or my Mod 2 subcompact .45 acp. Also, the safety trigger would not smooth out so it felt that the pad of my finger was getting stabbed by the safety in the trigger. I could feel the bump. I don't know if this makes any sense, but I won't be getting a 43X. It did not appeal to me at all.

All in all, a day at the range is a great day!

Joe

Rangers13

Glocks are great guns but you have to adjust to them. I carried a Glock 23 40 cal my hole career. I even use it to this day. The trigger after awhile is easy and you don’t even notice the trigger safety. There not the best looking guns but they are reliable. I have Kimber’s, FN’s and Wilson Combat and they are the nice looking guns Especially my Kimber’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSKENT

It took me a while to get used to the G43X. At 50 rounds I don’t think I had any love for it at all. The more I shoot the thing, the more I like it. Now it is becoming one of my favorites. I like it enough to invest in sights. So far, I have not needed anything else except magazines. If only it had finger grooves it would be perfect. Hear me Glock?

Ibmikey

I rarely trade or sell a firearm but the Glock 43 (no X) that I purchased got the deep six one day in a trade to a friend. My Sig and Kimber Micro 9’s are so much nicer to shoot where the 43 was not. Odd since I have a G42 that is a good shooter and exhibits none of the unpleasantness of the 43.

LineStretcher

I have the Glock 43 six round. It is one of my concealed carry guns. I can shoot it well and I hope I never need it but if I do I know it will work which is what Glocks are all about right? I feel it is a good carry gun and don't expect it to shoot anywhere near as well as my upper end guns.

I also have a Sig P238 .380 carry gun but it has too many things going on with it. I don't like to carry with a hammer cocked and a safety on. So I carry with the hammer down but still have a fear of doing something that causes the hammer to be cocked in the pocket holster so I also put the safety on. That's two things I have to remember to do when the bad guy shows up. I don't carry it much now that I have the Glock.

sigarms228

I tried the Glock 43X at a LGS factory shoot and it was a really nice pistol and I can understand how it is so popular. For me however the trigger reach is too short and because of that I can not shoot it quite as well as I like causing me to shoot to the left though with nice grouping. Since there is no backstraps there is not much I can do about that so I am sticking with my original Walther PPS that I can shoot very well.

vba

I tried the Glock 43X at a LGS factory shoot and it was a really nice pistol and I can understand how it is so popular. For me however the trigger reach is too short and because of that I can not shoot it quite as well as I like causing me to shoot to the left though with nice grouping. Since there is no backstraps there is not much I can do about that so I am sticking with my original Walther PPS that I can shoot very well.
Sigarms228;

Sounds like you need more trigger finger, perhaps up to the first knuckle.

sigarms228

That is what I was using. I do that with my PPS and if works fine but 43x has even shorter trigger reach. I use large back strap on all my poly frame pistols.

Ibmikey

The single action micro pistols are not pocket carry firearms, they should be carried in a holster to provide their quick response capabilities. The G 42 or 43 also in my opinion are not pocket carry guns and would also be much safer in a concealable holster, there are too many problems connected to dropping a pistol in a pocket with all the other assorted junk we normally carry and a discharge could certainly be an unpleasant experience.
Again, a good holster for CC is the way to go and keep it concealed....not like the guy at Mc D’s the other day with two inches of holster hanging below his shirt and that was with a 2” J frame (yes I got that good a look at what he was carrying).

sparkyv

I am going to try the P365 next time I go to the range. I've heard great things about it.

Joe
I've shot many Glocks, but never owned one. They perform well, but they just don't meet my needs and preferences. I have successfully pocket carried a micro-9 (SIG P938) in condition 1 for many years, but I do use a holster and keep nothing else in the carry pocket. Now i carry the SIG P365 which offers higher capacity and a simple manual of arms. I highly recommend you give it a try, Joe. It took a while, but SIG has solved all the issues it had when it was first released.

USNRet93

I rarely trade or sell a firearm but the Glock 43 (no X) that I purchased got the deep six one day in a trade to a friend. My Sig and Kimber Micro 9’s are so much nicer to shoot where the 43 was not. Odd since I have a G42 that is a good shooter and exhibits none of the unpleasantness of the 43.
Both son's have a G43 and they are not pleasant for me to shoot(wrist and thumb). The 43x(and 48) feel really good in the hand but my G42 is a goldilocks gun for me..great round(MODERN .380), easy to conceal and great fun to shoot..very accurate, completely reliable with any ammo I have tried..from cheapo bulk reloads to big bux defensive ammo.
I am new to EDC and handguns in general, and spoiled also..between the 3 of us and 6 Glocks(17(2), 43(2), 45, 42) we have had 'maybe' 2 stovepipes after probably a total of 1800-2000 total rounds.

Gonna go rent a 43x tho...feels good in the hand to me.

Gotta mention, I have tried a Sig 268 and 365 and didn't care for them at all.
Both ergonomics and firing method.

stephen426

For me, I don't see the point of the Glock 43X. I am not a big guy so the longer grip would make it hard to conceal. I do carry the 43 though and I have 2 spare mags with the plus 2 base plates from Ghost. The short slide length is a concealed carry compromise that does not make sense on a larger gun. I agree with sparkyv on the Sig365, but I already own the 43 and have done some work to it including Double Diamond connector, Agency Arms trigger, Meprolight night sights, and Crimson Trace Laserguard Pro. I really like the trigger on my Glock now and use it at my practical shooting club. My full sized guns are a lot easier to shoot, but they encourage us to shoot what we carry.

Mosin44az

Having both, the SIG P 365 is definitely more comfortable to shoot than the Glock 43. It sounds like felt recoil is still an issue with the X. I don’t find recoil with the 43 to be horrible, but it’s definitely greater and I can understand why some don’t like it.

Glock’s trigger safety sticks out of the face of the trigger, unlike the XDs and really all others of that design. Emphasis on positive engagement rather than comfort. It does sting the trigger finger sometimes, especially with heavier calibers. Can be (carefully) shaved back with an exacto knife so it’s even with the rest of the trigger face when fully engaged.

vba

That is what I was using. I do that with my PPS and if works fine but 43x has even shorter trigger reach. I use large back strap on all my poly frame pistols.
Sigarms;

Should have known that as you've been around for awhile. Do agree with you on the PPS, it's my favorite carry as well.