Shortest CZ Range report ever

topspin43

CZ 75 D Compact PCR (9mm)

200 Rounds... 100 WWB FMJ and 100 Blazer Brass.

In the spirit of less being more, "Outstanding... Go buy one!"

You know the rest!

What else do you want to know?

Marko Kloos

The PCR is an outstanding carry piece. The one I owned was 100% reliable, had terrific ergonomics, and put the bullets right where you wanted them to go. I still regret getting rid of it. It can hold its own against higher priced guns in the same category, like the Glock 19 or SIG P228/229.

Colt1903

Glad you like it Topspin. My 75 P01 came in this week and I put 300 rounds through it (250 UMC and 50 WWB Personal Defence). Likewise reliability and accuracy are great. Trigger pull is rougher than on my 75 BD, 75 Compact, and 83, but smoothing the trigger pull is easily fixed.

Shoot well!

106RR

I have a CZ 83 in 380 and it's surprisingly accurate. I do notice that only certain brands of ammo are accurate at 25 yds. Most brands are accurate to ten yds a few are accurate to 15 yds. Usually the Fiocchi jhp is accurate to 25 yds noticeably more so than the Fiocchi fmj. I haven't tried the Geco or the S&B yet. WWB flat point is great at 15 yds but falls down at longer range.

topspin43

Got tired of reading the same stuff over and over and waiting for the last sentence summary!!!

You know the drill... no FTF (blah, blah) no jams (blah) :barf:

Here's the deal... tight, solid, smooth, points and hits where pointed = I LOVE IT!;) I feel smart and didn't save money on my car insurance OR stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

topspin43

Colt

You have a safe for all that hardware? With 4 in my safe and one in my nitestand... I've already outgrown my little Sentry Firesafe. I really got to sell her jewelry so I can fit one more in!!!

Colt1903

Yes, a nice big Champion protected by a full ADT alarm system, two ferocious rat terriers and backed-up by the Para Black Watch Companion with Crimson Trace laser grips. If you ever leave the Sunshine State for the Northwest, let me know; I'll give you a tour and you can test drive any of the implements in the battery you desire.

mfree

"Yes, a nice big Champion protected by a full ADT alarm system, "

Mine is protected by an angry man holding a S&W 66-1 containing loads painful on both ends, and a Nork SKS-M full of HP's slung across his back.

I would trade or sell them all before I'd get rid of my CZ75B Compact.

Jiml3

I bought the PCR when it first came out and it remains the best gun purchase I have made. That includes my sig P229 & P239, S&W 6906, Kahr PM9, Kimber,
etc. etc. It does everything right!!!

gordo b.

I just bought a 75 Compact D, I don't know what model it is exactly but it has decocker,tritium sights(I guess tritium they glow in the dark) an alloy frame , AND a light mount cut. I liked the size, weight and the light mount, so I tested it on the gunshops indoor range. With 115 grain Federal at 15 yards it shot tighter and well centered than my nice 92FS Beretta so I was sold (at $435) and am in the 10 day waiting period. I plan on CCW ing this gun in lieu of the Lightweight Officer's .45, .40 Witness Compact (nice gun but too heavy), or a revolver.
The DA trigger was very stiff, I guess I'll have to find the trick to get that down to a reasonable 7-9 pounds as it won't carry SA, which is Ok to me.:)

briang2ad

P01...

Gordo: You have a P01 - Alloy frame amd accessory rail. Because the P01 is the first CZ that is made in a totally automated fashion, the gun fit is different. I have had three P01s and now have a Compact. All the P01s had gritty and stiff DA triggers. My Compact has a very smooth DA and crisp SA. However, IMHO, the P01 fit on things like slide rails, barrel/slide fit, etc. is better and will be completely reliable OTB. The price they have paid is a trigger that is gritty and stiff. Some get better with 3-500 rounds, and some take longer. But, they are extremely reliable and do fit the hand very well.