Shorter Trigger Reset Glock or XD?

roger-ruger

Ive heard reviews that glock has got a shorter trigger reset than that of XD. Im wondering how come? XDs are single actions right? My definition of a single action is like the 1911 reset. And how come glock has a shorter reset being a chopped DAO. Its not even DAO, right?

Im wanting to get the XD45 but im so use to the 1911 trigger w/c I think contributes to a better shootability performance than any other platform.

Thanks in advance.

grimjaw

An XD trigger is NOT like a 1911 trigger. IIRC, the Glock has a shorter reset than the XD if both of them are factory standard.

jm

givo08

Glock has a MUCH shorter reset. Also, the glock trigger really pushes back against your finger and clicks for a very positive reset, unlike sig's, XD's, and M&P's which all have a somewhat long/mushy feeling reset.

CDH

The XD is a true single action, but not in the way a 1911 is. There's a nice, short description of the various kinds of pistol "actions" being used now here at: http://www.handguninfo.com/Archive/www.Pete-357.com/xddasa.htm

With that said, it should be noted that while Glock's trigger has a slightly shorter reset than the XD, both work great for their intended purposes of defensive weapons. Some people prefer the "feel" of the Glock trigger and some people, including me, prefer the feel of the XD trigger.

Additionally, if you simply want a shorter trigger reset on your XD, you can send it in directly to Springfield where that is one of the services offered by their custom shop.
They'll do it two ways, either much shorter and lighter for competition ONLY, or just shorter but still safe for defensive carry.

Whatever you do, DON'T compare the trigger operation of a 1911 to any of the pistols in the Glock and XD family types. They are totally different.
I carry both a Commander and my XD's at different times and I'm comfortable with both although they are different in operation and feel.

Carter

LH2

Walther's P99-series, Glocks and S&W 3rd Gen pistols have the shortest, most crisp resets I've laid hands on. All of them are excellent, makes range time more enjoyable to me.

That's the one thing I don't like about my Sigs.