Shopping at Cabela's

DBski

Went to Cabelas's yesterday in Dundee Mi., I had gotten a gift certificate for my birthday. I could not find any ammo for the the pistols I have. Out of 380, 9mm, 45. Nothing, not any type of manufacturer. Unbeleiveable, when is the shortage gonna end? And the prices come down?

stacks04

some say it is getting better, i have yet to see it. cabelas never has .45 near me, nor .380. i saw some .380 at the local gun show last weekend 50 rnds for 25 bucks. thank God for relading supplies. i paid a nice 38 bucks for 1000 primers at the show also. i needed them badly and no one here has them.

Don H

DBski said:
Unbeleiveable, when is the shortage gonna end? And the prices come down?
A good start on the "shortage" ending will be when people stop buying every box of ammo they can find just to be buying it. I've seen people go into a store and say "I'll buy every box of .45ACP and 9mm that you've got!" Kinda makes it hard everybody else.

In a large part, it's a consumer-induced "shortage".

Russ5924

Saw more ammo at Wal-mart today then I have seen in awhile:) If it wasn't for reloading I thing I would have thrown in the towel long ago.

Bwinkel

Same thing at Cabela's in Scarborough, ME. The handgun ammo and handgun bullet shelves were rather sparse. Looking for Hornady .40 xtp 180gr. and none to be had.

Went to Cabelas's yesterday in Dundee Mi., I had gotten a gift certificate for my birthday. I could not find any ammo for the the pistols I have. Out of 380, 9mm, 45. Nothing, not any type of manufacturer. Unbeleiveable, when is the shortage gonna end? And the prices come down?

I went online just now at Cabela's and they had the MFS 2000 in 9mm and .45acp in stock along with PMC Bronze in 9mm, .357mag and .44mag too. If you can find something "in stock" online have it shipped to store free of charge.

wingspar

I was in a Cabelas for the first time a few months ago while on a trip. You gotta be a shopaholic to go in there. Huge. Bazar for a small town guy like me. I’d never seen anything like it before. Too much.

I have spent some time looking at Cabelas online, and just today, some hollow points were all I could find in stock in 9mm. I ordered some 9mm from them about 3 weeks ago. It was on backorder then, and still is, but the email I got after placing the order said they should have it around the 15th of this month, and it would ship then.

I’ve since found some in a town 80 miles north of here, but only one store out of the 3 stores in that town had any ammo at all. I agree that it is in large part, a consumer-induced shortage. Hoarders. :mad:

Nnobby45

I went to Cabela's day before yesterday. New shipment of ammo had arrived. I got all the CCI Mini Mag I wanted. Lots of shotgun shells. Plenty of .223, including Hornady Tap. No .30 Carbine. Plenty of 50 rd. boxes common pistol ammo. No .22 bricks. No Primers.

mike45

I was at Cabella's in Dundee last Sunday after visiting in Ann Arbor. I saw why you don't see many people using a 375 H&H for casual plinking... box of 20 for around $80

I did pick up 1000 large pistol primers for $35

JerseyDrez

The Cabelas I go to in PA is always out of handgun ammo, only rarely has a few boxes of 9mm and .40 left.

They always have a motherload of Minimags though, usually around 60-80 boxes.

The shortage is still going on, I dunno what everyone else is talking about. And even if you do find ammo, its an arm and a leg..

win-lose

Went to a cabela's in CT yesterday. They had a great selection of handgun ammo. I left with a couple of boxes of 44 special. Talk about expensive though. I gotta start reloading....

oneounceload

Previous poster nailed it - when folks who normally buy one or two boxes of ammo continue to go in and buy up everything based on some zombie or political fear, this won't end anytime soon. That said the GM near me is full up on everything.

Lead prices are creeping back up, so they should stay the same for the time being. I found boxes of ammo from 20 years ago in one of my ammo drawers with the price stickers till on them - 20 gauge skeet ammo - 5.99/box - 20 years ago; 357 - 18.99. We've been spoiled for the last few years with low commodity prices. Adjusted for inflation, they're right about where they should be

Kreyzhorse

I was at the Cincy BPS last weekend and there were pretty much out of all handgun ammo. Had some .25 and some .40 and I think a couple of boxes of 9mm.

I had hoped that there would be some ammo on the shelf but man was I disappointed. Don't need any thing other than .380, but I'm not shooting now either since I can't replenish my ammo stash.

bsbllrooster10

I was in Sheels here in Omaha and wow. They had the largest firearm selection I have ever seen. The cases were full of "black rifles" shotguns, pistols everything. The ammo selection was equally impresive. Every pistol caliber as well as rifle ammo.

trooper3385

I was at the cabelas here in Texas this weekend. They were pretty much stocked up on everything except 380. I haven't seen any 380 rounds anywhere in the last 6 months. They had cases and cases of 223 ammo. I haven't seen that many boxes of 223 ammo in quite awhile. Interesting to see how long it lasts.

JerseyDrez

Their .223 is also expensive as hell, at Cabelas I mean. Im surprised people waste their money on that, buying at other places and off the net is much cheaper.

madmag

I have said this before, but from day one of the shortage I have been able to get ammo at about (6) of my local gun stores. These are small non-chain type stores. Two of these stores have indoor ranges, and again have had ammo, even at fairly good prices.

I have purchased:
.45ACP
9mm Luger
.38 spl.
.357 Mag.
.22 rim

Stop at your local Mom & Pop gun stores to shop.:)