Shooting with Rich L

Steve McCullagh

Rich,

I finally got "wired" in my new location, so I can at last communicate on the Net.

I wanted to publically thank you for the opportunity to go shooting with you last weekend in AZ.

For those of you who haven't met Rich, he's a super guy to spend a day at the range with. Rich is a generous person and a real fund of information on a variety of shooting topics!

Take care, Rich - I hope it's not too long before we get to go shooting again! (While we're on the topic - maybe you can send me some e-mail offline re: your opinions on the Winchester 70 LRH...)

Best,
Steve

To all-
Young Steve here is what we have affectionately dubbed "recovering Canadian", having moved to Texas. We finally met last week at the Mad Dog Knives get together.

OK, I told you that to tell you this: I plucked this guy outta the crowd and pulled him aside to do some precision rifle work with the Blaser R93. Never seen a damned thing like it! At 300 yards, Steve consistently centerpunched clay birds from a hillside. And I mean, consistently. Guys, That's equivalent to 600 yard head shots!

My performance wasn't nearly as good, proving only that "Those who can, do; Those who can't, teach!" ;)

Welcome Steve. Can't help you on the Winchester, but there's lots of good input available on Mykl's Rifle Forum.
Rich

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
"Now, if that aint shootin - then grits aint groceries!"

Welcome to The Firing Line!

------------------
I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away!
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Bubba

Yup...He done good. Now that we got Stevie down here in Texas, we gonna learn him how to shoot a pistol too.... ;)

Steve, Lets hook up once I get back from visiting your old stompin grounds. Plan on Sunday the 24th joining me for the monthly IDPA match.

Welcome to Texas good buddy.

------------------
Bubba
IDPA# A04739
====
It is long been a principal of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully. - Jeff Cooper

Steve McCullagh

Thanks Rich, gents.

Bubba - I'm keen on doing some pistol work. My first paycheck will likely go toward a worthy .45 - it's looking like a Kimber is a real contender!

Now, if I could just figure out why Remington made the Model 700 PSP restricted to non-civilian sales... That would make a really nice rifle for me to re-enter riflery with...

(I'm always listening if folks want to throw in their 2 cents on good first picks for firearms! Just mail me, so as not to swamp the General Forum here!)

Best,
Steve