Shooting (virtual) simulators - Now that ammo is $$$$

Pistoler0

Anybody can comment and recommend on shooting simulators, for long-range rifle shooting, defensive pistol, hunting, whatever...

that are NOT arcade style but rather provide with some training?
PC, game console, projector TV, any format.

Now that ammo prices are so prohibitive, I was thinking about some other way to stay engaged in my firearms passion (other than reading and posting on TFL which I am overdoing lately).

I am looking at virtual setups, I already know that bb or airsoft shooting is a rewarding option,

ballardw

Not a simulator but you may want to check out LaserLyte training. Place a "cartridge" in your firearm and when firing it sends a laser pulse down your barrel.

Admittedly better with some things that are easy to cock but they make 9mm and 5.56 rimless so you can work the action. There is also a "universal" that will plug into most barrels from .380 to .45 ACP.
Or go all the way and buy dedicated pistol in couple of form factors.

Availability does seem to be hit or miss though.

Plus targets that react to the pulse.

Laser training and airguns.

BTW, had a veteran classmate who told me that part of his training included shouting pew! pew! pew! at each other. The laser simuators broke or there weren't enough of them. Go Army!

10-96

Virtual Benchrest II is out. Not sure when it came out, but I used to tinker around with the first version a decade or so ago.

Kevin Rohrer

There are several virtual shooting simulators in my area. I went to one of them and shot their courses for an hour using their 1911. It was very fun and great to work on sighting and reflexes. No recoil, though.

They are pricey, but worth it.