Shooting slugs in a NEF Pardner 12 gauge?

p5200

I've bought a used one of these on the barrel it says full so, I assume that stands for full choke? They gave me a box of bird shot loads and a box of 2 3/4" Remington rifled slugs which had two missing from the box. Is it safe to shoot slugs through a full choke barrel like this? Thanks for all info. :)

idek

Yes, it's safe to shoot those slugs through a full choke. Accuracy may not be great though. A more open choke is often recommended for accuracy.

I recall reading some time ago, however, that the diameter of the slugs of different companies wasn't all the same. I want to say that Federal slugs had the smallest diameter and, therefore, might be the best choice for a full choke.

Not sure how many slugs of any kind I'd like to shoot out of a lightweight Pardner though. Fun guns, but not great in the recoil department.

p5200

The butt of this gun is really heavy someone must have added something in it. I used to hear that helps some with recoil but, that's just what I heard. :)

idek

The butt of this gun is really heavy someone must have added something in it. I used to hear that helps some with recoil but, that's just what I heard.
If you removed the butt plate, you might find some lead packed into the stock's bolt hole. Yes, any extra weight will reduce recoil, but too much weight at one end can make the handling feel odd.

eastbank

in a deal i got a nef 12ga 3" mag with rifle sights and a rifled barrel that must weights about 5.5 lbs, i fired one 385 copper saboted round to check the sights. its for sell. eastbank.

T. O'Heir

"...helps some with recoil..." Like eastbank says, a Pardner only weighs 5 or 6 pounds. The extra weight will help tame the recoil, for sure.
A full choke won't bother or be bothered by a slug, but, as mentioned, it may not shoot well. How long's the barrel? You could turn it into a single shot slug gun.

chris in va

Huh. I've had a 410 Pardner for years and always assumed you couldn't fire slugs through the fixed full choke barrel.:eek: