Shooting my Stevens 32L Rim fire.

I had a hankerin to send some balls down range. Would like to see if this thing can shoot well enough to take it squirrel hunting.
I dont actually have access to any 32L Rim fire ammo. and if I did it would be way to expensive too actually shoot it.
Sooo, I purchased 6 cases from Dixie Gun works. These use 22 cal blanks as primers. Instead of black powder, I went with a light load of Trail Boss. Used Hornady .310 round balls.
Basically, You just tap the round ball on top of the case. With a dipper fill the case with powder from the primer hole, Insert a primer. Let er rip!!

100_9932_zpscdrnzgz2.jpg

100_9933_zps2wzbnggg.jpg

I shot 18 rounds at a target 25 yards away across a chronograph. Makes a very nice load. I experience zero issues. All the shot were in the high 800's. At 25 yards they shot about 4 inches high. That should bring it down to at the sights at 50 yards or so. After adjusting my POA. I was very happy with the accuracy of this load.
Should make for some good squirrel medicine and fit right along with my Single 7. A sure cure when I need my 32 cal fix.

100_9936_zpslh1f6ejc.jpg

100_9934_zpsdaqdj5rh.jpg

100_9937_zpsptaiscmo.jpg

Was really fun, It feels good to keep an old work horse in the game.

Thanks guys.
I am glad I ran them across the Chrony. When you shoot it, no way you think the bullets are going that fast.
800- 900 fps is more than fast enough for the task.

bedbugbilly

Looks like you did a fine job of getting it all figured out! The results are impressive! Good luck with it and have fun! Tree Rats of America . . watch out! :)

smee78

That is an excellent setup and a great idea, I wish there were more 32 cal rifles out there. I love the little 32 H&R and would love to get one of the Marlin levers if they werent so expensive. Thanks for sharing.