Shooting in SAN DIEGO area?

James Montes

I will be conducting a PCS(moving for you civilians)in FEB to the San Diego area. I want to do some shooting on the weekends. Any TFLers know of any good ranges? Not too expensive. Comments?

Jetrecbn

I only know of 3. Discount Gun Mart, American Shooting, and Del Surra. The first two are indoor ranges. 25 yards max, but American Shooting allows rifles. Del Surra is an outdoor range with 3 sites. A pistol range(25y), general (50y), and rifle (I think 500y). Oh forgot about the Police range off the 94 free way, don't know the name. They're all around $7.oo give or take depending on equipment needs.

denfoote

That is odd!! :confused:
I did not know that The People's Republic of California allowed "civilians" to discharge weapons within it's borders! ;)

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

Now, go do the right thing, and buy that Walther!!

metro25

SDPD range on Federal Blvd, pistols only 25yd range $6.00 all day. American Indoor at Ruffin Road, 25yd range up to 300winmag $8.00/hr pistols $10.00/rifles.

MrGreenMachine

Up in the north county, oceanside shooting academy 25yd indoor pistol or rifle rents guns and $7 all day, just off the new hwy 76 by the airport, Pala Indian Reservation campground heading out the 76, outdoor range to 100yd I think.

RWK

You may want to check with the many Navy/Marine Corps facilities in the San Diego/Oceanside area for available ranges and/or MWR shooting clubs. It is hard for me to believe that Camp Pendleton and/or MCAS Miramar, for example, wound not have a facility that is open to eligible ID holders.

RMc

The last time I was in San Diego, Discount Gun Mart still rented guns at their range.

I don't know if it's still open (anti-gun B.S. and all) but BLM has/had a designated shooting area somewhere near Pine Valley (not the one right off the I-8 exit which was closed long ago for "safety" reasons but another one somewhere to the south). I can't for the life of me remember the directions. Also, there is or was another area somewhere outside Ramona.

Call the BLM and they'll be able to tell you.

I have shot at most of the ranges in the SD area and the Oceanside Shooting Academy is the best. Clean, well ventilated ranges for both rifle and pistol. Best gun prices in town and you can rent almost any handgun made today. $7.00 all day plus a $3 fee if you want to rent a handgun.. ( they rent long guns too) Can shoot up to a 300 WIN Mag in their indoor rifel range and the pistol side has a line of metal poppers.
They also have the most beautuful Blode range master in the west.. Aleta...

BEN .. ( don't work for these guys... but shoot IDPA there.)