Shooting in New Orleans

PolarFBear

Watched the video of the med student shot in New Orleans. What a lucky guy. The shooters gun jammed when he tried his second and third shot to the victim's head. Just wondering what type of gun was used. It looked like a 22 cal copy of something. Bolt looked to be on the left side.

Glenn E. Meyer

Looked like a cheapy Tec 9 type in 9mm. But I haven't really seen a clear image.

Crap guns. I saw a moron with one at the local indoor range. He would load up a full mag and then empty it into a B-27 at 5 yards, spraying it from bottom to top. Then he would puff up like he was Rambo.

southjk

To pick nits, wouldn't his gun have jammed firing the first shot thus preventing a second or third shot to occur? Noticed that when watching on the news and thought to myself that every jam I've had the round does fire but jam occurs when empty shell fails to eject or next round doesn't load. So when newscasters say that the gun jammed when the suspect tried to shoot is technically incorrect. More correct is that the gun WAS jammed when he tried to shoot. Yeah, I know. A mere technicality but these are the things that bug me.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/23/us/new-orleans-shooting-on-video-suspect-arrest/

I thought a vid link would help readers understand what was being discussed and what happened.

More correct is that the gun WAS jammed when he tried to shoot. Yeah, I know. A mere technicality but these are the things that bug me.

Well, you don't really know. For all we know, the firing pin broke, a spring broke, etc. So "jam" probably wasn't the correct word without knowing what went wrong, but malfunction. Also, we don't know when it actually occurred. You are assuming it occurred before the attempted head shots and that is likely correct, but you simply don't know when it happened.