Shipping Ammo

Drachenstein

I'm wanting to get rid of a couple cases of primers and decided to dump them on GB. What are the restrictions for shipping and who will ship. I don't think the USPS would allow it would they?:confused:

fortkevin2

No, as far as I know USPS will NOT ship ammo, primers or gun powder.

I'm POSITIVE UPS will will ship ammo but not sure about primers and gun powder but I would think so. I shipped 2 cases of .22lr to a guy and all I had to do was Mark ORM-D(i think that's what it was) on the outside of the box. I think the two cases where about 80 lbs if I remember right and shipping was around $40 bucks. good luck!

aeonrevolution

Depending on how many you are shipping you can get a "Limited Quantity" hazmat thing at UPS which is way cheaper.

I work at UPS and see boxes of primers all the time. They don't need hazmat papers or even the diamond labels on the box.

armedandsafe

Remember that shipping rules state that they much be in "original packaging" not loose. I had some refused a few years ago because one box had 10 missing. I had used them to test someting and then decided to pass the rest on.

Pops

Drachenstein

CCI. 1800 Small Pistol, 800 small rifle and a very small amount of large pistol and large rifle. Should I sell it in mass or divide it up?

EOD Guy

aeonrevolution said:
Depending on how many you are shipping you can get a "Limited Quantity" hazmat thing at UPS which is way cheaper.

I work at UPS and see boxes of primers all the time. They don't need hazmat papers or even the diamond labels on the box.

Primers are not eligible for the limited quantity exception in 49CFR. They are classed as a Division 1.4S explosive material and cannot be reclassed as ORM-D. They must ship as an explosive with all the required markings and must have hazardous material shipping papers. They do not need explosive labels on the package.

Last edited: