shipping 6 position stock to ny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seansean1444

hi guys i recently bought a ruger 10 22 and was looking for a cool stock for it, well i found one on ebay for a good price with a collapsible 6 position stock and pistol grip so i ordered it. now i am hearing from some people they arnt supposed to be shipped into ny because of the collapsible stock? i have been tracking the package and it traveled from iowa to dallas then to northern texas but now it has stopped moving for 2 days? any idea if something happened where they decided they couldnt ship it?? any ideas would be appreciated

stu925

I don't believe the stock itself is illegal, but you should definitely read up on the assault weapon ban and the state's definition of an assault weapon before you attach the new stock. Most supply houses will not ship them to NY due to the ban and they can be held criminally liable for shipping them here, this goes for high cap magazines also. Here's the definition of an assault weapon http://www.efrainoyolafirearms.com/NYS%20Assault%20Weapons.pdf

Stu

rebs

New York State should not have been allowed to keep the AWB after it was federally repealed. What is the big threat about a collapsible stock ? Criminals simply cut the stock off.

Status
Not open for further replies.