Shinny new AR-15

Tidewater_Kid

Shiny new AR-15

I decided to join the AR club. I own many rifles, but never an AR-15. A friend at worked asked me to look over his father's AR. He brought me a Sp-1 made in 1967. I was hooked! I cleaned it and took it to the range and I was really hooked. I went to the gun show this weekend. Saturday I did some looking and came home and did some research and Sunday I went back and purchased a Doublestar Corp. StarCar-A3 flattop. I also purchased an A3 detachable carry handle. I got it home and cleaned it up good and I'm ready for the range. I can't wait to see how it runs.

TK

DSC-StarCar-A3.JPG

Attachments

• DSC-StarCar-A3.JPG
    DSC-StarCar-A3.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Achilles11B

First AR...just be careful, because it's never just one. It starts out as with a standard .223/5.56 with a 16" barrel...then you want another one with a long barrel for long distance/target shooting...then you realize "wow I can get an upper in 6.5 Grendel/.50 Beowulf/7.62 x 39/whatever odd caliber you want" so you get the other upper...then you find a deal on a lower, and before you know it you have three...

It's dangerous I tell ya! :D

Tidewater_Kid

Yep, I'm already looking to do a retro build. I only wish my friend had been willing to part with the Colt SP-1. It was in beautiful shape and shot like a dream.

TK