Shield Arms S15 Mags for Glock 43X/48

Brownstone322

I'm sure this has been asked before, but here it is anyway.

Shield Arms S15 15-round magazines for Glock 43X/48. Are these things reliable?

Death-Ninja

Rave reviews, though you must convert the OEM mag release to their alloy offering or you will wear out the polymer one via recoil shredding!

TunnelRat

I’ve been where you are.

Overall I think most people have very good luck with them. But what’s concerning to me is on a number of videos about these magazines I’ve seen repeated comments of people having issues. OEM Glock magazines are reliable as hell. On a semiautomatic firearm if the magazine isn’t reliable you’re in for a bad day. That’s why I think something like the P365XL is more preferable in this regard if you want that double stack capacity in a thinner frame. In the case of the P365XL you have magazines from the manufacturer and I haven’t seen many reports of issues. It puts my mind to ease a bit more. That said you want to test new magazines regardless of who makes them, so don’t put them in a carry rotation until you’ve tested them to what you consider a satisfactory level (not as easy in the current ammo situation).

If you do decide to buy them, supposedly if you do the back order from Shield Arms most people are getting them within a month or so. Most other places have been out of stock for a while. I’m not sure about the magazine release as Ninja mentioned in terms of a back order or if it’s in stock. I’d personally want that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wild cat mccane

Glock is absolutely bonkers for not making these themselves.

I would buy a 48 today if they did. I too have been watching and am not convinced Shield Arms is sufficient for a long term buy.

jonnyc

I've got 100s of rounds through my 2 Shields via a 43x...not a single bobble. Haven't heard a single word on problems with them.

wild cat mccane

The whole Glock saying there is no difference between slides and Shield Arms saying the silver slides are gen1 and different enough to cause problems.

That's a weird one to me.

Brownstone322

Thanks for all the replies. There's just enough dissonance here (and elsewhere) to give me pause.

My 43X MOS came with two mags, obviously, and I am gonna get some additional OEM mags for now (and I can indeed get them now). Maybe later I will re-evaluate the Shield Arms mags.

XDforever

"Thanks for all the replies. There's just enough dissonance here (and elsewhere) to give me pause.

My 43X MOS came with two mags, obviously, and I am gonna get some additional OEM mags for now (and I can indeed get them now). Maybe later I will re-evaluate the Shield Arms mags."

I have the 48MOS and have now bought 6 additional OEM Glock mags. I have grown tired of waiting on Shield Arms to restock.

Joe

wild cat mccane

$24 for the mag release change and then 40 per mag...

Think the P365XL has the Glock 43/43X/48 beat with factory mags and grip change to make it P365 grip sized too. Really don't have a thing the P365 could do better.

But since you have it, I would try it out and get on the wait list? The mag release is in stock right now.

Jeff22

SA 15 rnd magazines that fit the PSA Dagger, G43X and G48
Palmetto State Armory has just introduced a 15 round magazine that works in the G43X and G48 using the stock polymer magazine catch. The PSA magazine apparently has a steel magazine body over molded with polymer.

I’ll be interested to see how they work. If they’re reliable, I’ll buy five or so.

wild cat mccane

They just announced gen 3 mags.

New manufacturer. New material. New design to fix the problem Shield has but keeps blaming Glock for in variation...

I feel good being talked out of it by some on here. If Shield admits better in gen 3, that means gen one and two weren't, at best, perfect.

Hard pass after reading their own page. Good idea. But not them. I wanted this idea to work out, but the p365 or xl is factor and proven.

Last edited:

jonnyc

My 43x with 4 Shield mags has run great. Only issue was the Gen 2s did not lock back after about 1000 rounds. They sent me 4 free springs and all has been well for the last 500-600 rounds.