shell casings... a catalyst?!

UltimaSE

I've always thought it's better to hide somethings from people that you don't completely trust in. I've always hidden the fact that I am very pro gun and that I do own firearms. I did this simply to avoid some crazy people and to not get into debates with everyone I meet that is anti gun.

So when a friend came over that I wasn't able to readily classify as a anti or a pro gun person I made sure most things in the house wouldn't give away that I was. At one point when I wandered back into the living room I noticed he had found a 12 gauge shotshells box that was filled with .45 and .40 casings.

Uh oh, here it comes....

"what do you have casings for?"

I go to ranges to pick up spent casings and sell them....hmmm nah, minus well come out with the truth...or I can think of something else....

"I've always been interested in them as well. It's the mechanics of the machine."

HUH?! certainly not what I expected.

Sometime during the rest of the day, this friend earns my trust. And somehow it's mentioned that there's a gun show this weekend...

Before I go to sleep we talk a bit online and I send him 1 link from a local store here. He thinks the hk usp was a military only firearm. I pointed him to the hk section of the online store. He then send me the picture of the sig 220st, and a picture of the DE .50AE. Then for the next 30 mins or so he started sending me links to hk usp tests, and remtek's page of sigs.

I'm impressed, more importantly, what have I unleashed?!

So we get to the gun show today. And there was a nice "blue" table that had a bunch of sigs and hks. On the way out from the show he saw a nice table full of kimbers. He was also asking me about a nice colt gold cup national match that he saw somewhere. I must say, good taste. So now he's thinking about sigs, hks, and colts, oh my!

So I believe I have helped along (catalyst) a gun nut. He was interested but didn't seem to know anyone else that was interested in firearms. So he's out, it's only time before he finds tfl, and when he does, expect to have another sig/hk/colt lover onboard.

UltimaSE

DMK

Freind, you don't have to hide your hobby. You have nothing to be ashamed of. The anti's are the ones with the problem, not you.

Besides, as your friend showed you, most people are not the flaming gun grabbers that the media would want you to believe.