Set triggers

Pointer

I need an education on set triggers

I know what a double set trigger is...

What is the definition of a single stage trigger?

and

What is the definition of a single set trigger?

I kinda know but I'm not really confident.

ALSO is the first position adjustable like the "set" or firing position?

Thanks for your input :)

Scorch

Single stage trigger begins to move the primary sear as soon as you begin to move the trigger. A double-stage trigger has some take-up or trigger travel built into the mechanism so that your finger is pulling against a steady load before you start to move the sear. The purpose is to help make your trigger pull more steady.

A single set trigger is exactly what it sounds like, since you know what a double set trigger is. There is one trigger, but it can function either as a set trigger or a standard pull trigger. This is done by incorporating a small sear and fly into the trigger itself. When the trigger is set (typically by pushing the trigger forward), touching the trigger will trip the small set sear causing the weight of the trigger to move the trigger lever enough to release the primary sear and set off the rifle. Unset, you must apply enough pressure with your finger to the trigger to release the primary sear.

Single set triggers can be either adjustable or not for the standard weight of pull.