Send in the Clones

Eric Larsen

I was just screwing around and made this up. CZ's are in the 3 most copied guns in the world. The CZ Compact/PCR is a favorite of mine (like I had to tell you? :rolleyes: ) I made this pic, it shows alot of the clones that are out there..there are more but this covers the majority. JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT.
Shoot well

Attachments

• compact clones.jpg
    compact clones.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 526

hansolo

CZ Clones

Just when I was getting used to the rubber Hogue wrap/groove grip on my CZ 75B You had to post the photo of the black CZ with those beautiful wood grips...Haken? Nice montage!

hansolo

typo

......As Groucho said, "Id never belong to a club that would have ME as a member..."

"A DAY At the Races":rolleyes:

QB

Well, not a good picture but here's my CZ clone......

Sphinx AT2000 Police Special (palladium finish)

fdd6f4a4.jpg

Kat

As long as we're at it....

I believe the Bren Ten qualifies as a CZ Clone... a distant cousin maybe?

Eric Larsen

QB...man, thats nice. Wanna trade? :D CZ had a semicompact" model with the fullsize grip and short topend...just like yours, but never imported them. I guess if I had a fullsized I could make my own.....hmmmmm.
Yep, I forgot the Baby Eagle. Its a Tanfoglio made frame/slide gun also. I wonder if with all of the different guns they make for others, if they make more guns than CZ?
The BrenTen was a copy of a CZ and a 1/2 :D It was patterned after the design.....dont know if Id call it a clone or not?
I believe the 1911 is the most copied gun..for overall numbers/qty's of guns made. Then the BHP and then the CZ....but Ill bet the CZ's gaining on the HP. FN, FEG and others still make the clones....FN cheated though..since they actually made the HP for Browning.
Thanks for all of the replies..Shoot well

Handy

There are only three companies that make a CZ product: Tanfoglio, Sphinx and Brno. All of those mentioned were made by one of the three.

Kat

Springfield P9?

Eric, seems like you know your CZ clones. If I may ask, what about the Springfield P-9 from the early 90's? It certainly looked a lot like the CZ, but I never understood the association. Seems they're quite rare so I've never seen one in real life.

I've always wondered. Anybody have any idea?

swampgator

Kat,

The Springfield P-9 is a definite CZ clone. Here's a copy of a email from Deb at SA's custom shop:

This pistol, serial number AM2XXX, was manufactured as a standard P9 pistol in .40S&W in July of 1992. If you want to purchase spare parts, you could contact European American Armory in FL (800-536-4442. For recoil springs, you should contact Wolfe Springs in PA (800-545-0077).

So based on my guess, whoever manufactures the EAA pistols also manufactured the P-9 and Springfield imported them.

Eric Larsen

Handy,
I believe all clones that I know of: the EAA witness, S-Field P9, Jericho/BEagle, Sphinx 2000, Sarsilmaz KILINC...the frames and slides are made in Italy by Tanfolgio. The also make their own line of "TZ" guns. Some have Tanfoglio finish the frames/slides and are assembled at "insert name here"s factory. Some are finished and assembled at their own factory, like Sphinx and I believe S-field. All are nice..the Sphinx is actually nicer than the CZ line of guns. Ohh Ahh :D
Shoot well

QB

Ahhhh yes my beloved Sphinx. Bought it from a guy who had it in his safe (NIB with 2 Sphinx hi-caps with palladium mag baseplates that match the gun, manual, etc) right after 9/11/01. Paid a pretty price but this gun isn't imported to the US anymore and I have never run across a NEW one, especially in all palladium finish.

I contacted Manuel Wipf, the Chief Operating Officer of Sphinx and they are going to start importing to the US this year. The June/July timeframe has slipped to December. They have a new all titanium gun (which will eventually be produced in .45) however the design is somewhat different than the AT2000 models and somewhat more expensive than the AT2000s. They still make the AT2000 models but will NOT offer the palladium finish any longer. It will be a titanium finish that looks sort of greyish. I don't know yet which models will be imported but I am waiting.

The Sphinx guns are costly but the workmanship is fabulous. I also have 4 of the AT 380s (2 two tone and 2 palladium). Those little guns have NEVER had a hiccup and are unbelievably accurate. That's saying something coming from me since I am was never a fan of the .380 caliber guns based on shooting a PPK/S & a Beretta (they just always hurt my hand....for some reason the Sphinx does not).

Sorry my picture doesn't do the Sphinx justice but I just can't seem to get the lighting right.