semi target 22s?

hotcha45

I bought a Rem model 5, which has an adjustable trigger (interesting design, a take-off on a 98 Mauser) once you dig the red locktite-ish material out of the screws, but to remove the bolt you have to pull the trigger all the way. I looked at a Savage Mark II yesterday - nice heavy barrel, accutrigger, and liked it but again a pull the trigger to remove the bolt. Anyone make a 22 lr in a semi-target config that allows overtravel adjustment? I've put in trigger guard screws to handle on rifles before this but they're a PITA to readjust after every cleaning.

Bigfatts

If you don't want to spend a fortune on an Anschutz there are plenty of accurate rimfires for decent money. Savage, Marlin, etc. Personally I would look for an older rifle. My brother just picked up a Mossberg 144LSB which is a real heavy bbl target rifle with peep sights for $235 on GB. I talked him into it- me being a Mossberg fanatic- because mine shoots better than my Win 52 did. Sold the Win 52 when I bought the LSB. That's just one example. Plenty of heavy target guns were made by Mossberg, Remington, Winchester, etc. Most can be had under $400 in great shape. The quality of these old rifles will greatly surpass most of your current factory rifles until you get to the level of the Anschutz and such. Another good thing to look for is a Biathlon Basic or a CM-2 made by Izhmesh, they are awesome for the money.