Semi auto grease?

riggins_83

I usually just use oil (Shooter's Choice FP10) on handguns... with a few exceptions. I'll use a small amount of Rig stainless grease on 1911 frames (if shooting the gun when plinking, not in extreme cold weather). I've also found my Glock tends to do better with tiny bit of grease on the frame rails... oil everywhere else. When I was using just oil on a previous Glock I noticed after a few thousand rounds there were light wear marks in the frame rails.. a small notch in each one. Using grease on another Glock has eliminated that completely.

Any handguns you have where more than one lubricant is used at a time?

Sgt Pepper

I've done it a bunch on my Sigs and 1911's (all metal pistols) where I will put Rig grease on the rails and use "oil" lube everywhere else. Always worked well until it gets cold, then I am straight CLP or Eezox.

buckhorn_cortez

On automatics I use SLiP 2000 Extreme Weapons Lube (EWL) grease on things that slide, and EWL oil on things that rotate. EWL is rated from -40 F to +750F. Have never had the grease cause a problem with function even in cold weather as you use an absolute minimum amount. The grease seems to bind with the metal and form an almost invisible film.

Especially good on stainless guns. Have tested a number of different greases & oils and EWL seems to work the best in all temperature ranges. You use so little of each that a 1.5 oz. jar of grease and the 4 oz. bottle of oil should last years.

cougar gt-e

I use "Synthetic brake caliper grease". A 8 oz jar for 12 bucks and it works fine. Not mall ninja approved, but it does carry the redneck seal :D

Eezox on the entire gun including inner and outer surfaces. Wipe off excess the next day and TetraGrease on slides and frame rails. Both Eezox and TetraGrease goes on sparingly. You don't need to physically see it to know it's there doing its job.