selling used brass

V-fib

I don't reload but I save the brass (currently .38 .357 and 30.06)
What is a common way to sell these brass shells at a gun show? By the pound? Per shell? What is the going price for the mentioned shells in your area?

Any info would be appreciated
Thanks.

:confused:

DaleA

Usually they're in clear plastic baggies 100 per bag. Don't know what current prices are. You could look around before you put yours out. A slip of paper with the price inside the baggie is fine. I'd say IMhO don't bother to clean or deprime. Just knock a little off the price.

SquirrelNuts

I have never sold any of my brass, as I plan to get a RCBS press. I have read articles of guys who do not reload, but collect brass to sell in bulk to dealers and retail store that sell components. I have heard stories of collecting enough brass to buy a gun. They, in essence, "picked up" a gun at the range.

A friend of mine worked as a life guard at a water park. He saved all of the money he found on the ground there and bought a computer at the end of the summer.

The father of a teacher I had a while back walks the same four mile path along a road every morning. He picks up all the change he finds and saves is in a jar. He finds about $300 per year doing this. All in a four mile path. That is a white box of Winchester 9mm every two weeks.

-SquirrelNuts

Jorah Lavin

I second eBay

I've bought brass there, and I've seen it sell above the price of new brass (no kidding) people get riled up and want to win the bid, and probably don't know that they can buy new stuff cheaper.

Obviously, being a bid, you could end up selling it right at your reserve price, but no loss there, right?

Probably be more cost effective on eBay than buying a table at a show and sitting there all day.

-J.

V-fib

thanks for the reply's. Never thought of E-bay. Plan on going to a local gun show later today and will check out some of the dealers. :cool:

Boo586

V-Fib,

I live down in Indiana and I might be interested in some or all of the brass depending on the amount that you have.

From starlinebrass.com one can get the following prices on the pistol brass and this includes shipping.

38 Special - $41/500 $70/1000

357 magnum - $45/500 $75.50/1000

and these prices are on new very high quality brass. I would be willing to pay $30/500 and $50/1000 for either, if all of it were once fired brass. I reload .38 for my dad who still lives in Michigan.

Boo586

Paul Fitz Jones

Brass available

You are welcome to send for a list of my lifetime once fired brass collection sorted and packaged by my scout troop in 3 months. I have been selling it off since spring and still have many thousands left in all sizes.