Selling Firearms (Values)

highvel

If you wanted to sell a couple of firearms, what would be the best way to put a current value on them?
I'm talking about rifles with scopes, and or, pistols that have gained value over the years, etc.

Thanks for any insight!

Skans

Just my opinion.

First, sell the rifles and scopes seperately. Next, get on gunbroker and/or ebay for scopes, and observe what what the same things are going for in the auctions. Ignore any auctions where there are no bids. Just look at auctions that have actual bidders. Keep track of the highest bids, or look up completed auctions with acutal bids.

If we are only talking about a few guns/rifles - price them at about 90% of the highest bids you observed for the same thing and take them to a gun show. Or, list them on Gunbroker......or, list them right here for sale. If I had to list them on Gunbroker or a website, I'd go with 100% of the average highest bid.

Don H

If you are planning to sell locally, be aware that regional value may differ significantly from values on the national market. A .300 Win Mag might have lesser value in a state that limits deer hunting to shotguns, for example.