Selling CZ82?

Contrast Man

I've had my CZ82 for about a year now and I'm seeing that I just don't shoot it anymore. It has sat in the safe for at least 6 months now, mostly due to ammo being a bit of a pain to get my hands on. I'm thinking of selling it to put the money to a new pistol purchase, probably something of similar size but in 9mm and ideally not a blowback.

Do I sell it and pick up something new for myself or do I keep it stored away and see if the prices go up as the surplus dries up and drives the price up?

Sparks1957

probably something of similar size but in 9mm and ideally not a blowback

Not many 9mm pistols out there with a blowback design, anyway... Try a compact 9mm like a Bersa UC9 (for less expensive), a CZ 75 compact or P01 (mid-range price) or a Sig 229 (more expensive)

... all of those come recommended by personal experience with them

Drummer101

I just bought one a few weeks ago. if you sell I might know a few interested.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

carguychris

I predict that prices will rise by 15%-20% when the surplus pipeline dries up, but it may be a LONG time before their value appreciates much faster than inflation. It will probably be a matter of decades because there are a LOT of these pistols in circulation. Furthermore, you may see a subsequent wave of surplus drive prices down again, as with postwar Bundeswehr P38/P1 pistols.

Is it worthwhile to wait? Hard to say; IMHO it's a gamble, so it really depends how badly you want the money right now.

Contrast Man

but it may be a LONG time before their value appreciates much faster than inflation.

This is what I was thinking/concerned about. I've used it and had my fun, but I'd like something a bit more useful to me, especially if its something I already reload for.

Billy Shears

As a big fan of the 82 it pains me to say this, but life is too short to sit around waiting for values to appreciate. Sell it and buy something you will enjoy.