Selling Bulk Brass

studman5578

I know that you need a class 6 ffl to sell cast boolits to the public, but I don't know if that applies to brass too. I plan on getting brass in massive bulk (provided I can find a good source or two), keeping what I load for (at least some of them) and selling the remainder on auctions.

I wouldn't think that selling brass would incur any liability at all, it seems like a major no-brainier. Has anybody dealt with this before? Does this even need a class 6? It wouldn't seem like it. Let me know your thoughts and thanks!

medalguy

No permit or license required unless you export military brass. No FFL or any other kind of license required. I have bought and sold milsurp brass many times purchased at DOD scrap sales. You have to obtain an end-use certificate before you can take possession of the brass but it's easy to get. All you need to do is be the high bidder and be able to pick it up, transport it, store it, clean it, pack it, ship it, and make a profit. The last item is the hardest. :D

Shootest

You do NOT need a class 6 FFL to “sell” cast bullets or brass. You need a class 6 FFL to manufacture them.

Jim243

You better put in a pretty stong disclamer that the brass is sold "AS IS" and no Warenty is made as to usability or for the purpose which it was sold for.

Even used brass sold to the general public carries a posability of law suit if the user gets hurt.

Jim

Stick_man

No FFL needed to sell brass, but if you make it into a business (do large volumn on a frequent basis) your city (and state) may come down on you for a business license. Keep it low-key and you'll be OK with that though.

studman5578

armoredman - you have my word that if (WHEN!) this starts going down, I'll put listings up here first. Thanks for your interest!

Roland Thunder

Lee Safety Primer Installation

I bought a Lee Safety Primer for my Lee Classic Turret press. I don't know if I have it installed wrong or what but it doesn't look right to me. The primer tray is too close to the pull down handle it appears to me:
20110906064050.jpg

I don't have anything to reload right now so I can't try it out, it just doesn't look right to me. The Lee instructions are vague, the don't even show installing it on a turret press only single stage.

easter1337

I'd love some brass! =)

Hey thanks for the heads up on the selling of brass. And also id like to get ANY .45LC (bulk), .38sp and 357, .308 win (bulk), .223 (bulk) and i'd like some 7.62x39 and any other you get i can use but thoes are my most used. Thanks a ton!