Sell my Remington 700? (Have DPMS .308 on the way)

MagicMan

I have a DPMS .308 on the way. I've wanted one for a while. Sold my Saiga .308 & one of my .22s to get it. I have yet to shoot the 700 b/c the local outdoor range has been closed for a few months.

I could take the SS scope off the 700 & put it on the DPMS and either sell the 700 or let it collect more dust until I get another scope for it.

Do I really need both? Of course not.

What say you? :eek::eek:

NWPilgrim

Depends on what you use it for and what your budget is. You will likely take quite a hit on the sale of the 700 as they are so common there will be a lot of competition. If you bought it for $700 (don't know which model you have) you would be lucky to get $500-$550 for it used, even if not really used. If you can get more than that then you are doing great. If you bought an ADL for $300 then you'll only get maybe $200 for it used. To me, having a second rifle is worth more than a couple of hundred, but I am not you.

I almost always regret selling or trading a good firearm. If you don't have a specific need for the money right away, then I would hang on to it.

MagicMan

It is a new never fired SPS Tactical. I don't use it for anything yet as I have never fired it. The local outdoor range has been closed for several months & no idea when or if it will re-open. I don't NEED to sell it so just kicking around the idea right now.

hamr56

I would keep it. Mine is a shooter, easily does dime sized groups every time out. Plus if you dont got to sell....then dont sell.

elkivory

wont you be in the same boat when the dpms shows up as you are now with the range being closed ?
think you should find a spot to shoot the one you have now, try it out and then make your decision after you get to shoot the new guy.... I would think the resale value of a private party unfired gun vs. one thats 99.5%-mint if your carefull wont be that great a difference if you decide you dont want both