SELECTION

curly45

Any suggestions on which to choose. I can't deside which to get, Buckmart,Ruger or Beretta 22. There is not much price difference so what should I be looking at?:confused:

NJgunowner

Why do you think I bought a 10mm this week with 200rnds to supplement my .40 that I have 450rnds? Gotta kill those zombies, cause a doomsday isn't a doomsday if there are no zombies!

aarondhgraham

All three of those guns will serve you well,,,

The main difference is in their grip size and angle,,,
Or you could just say the overall feel of the grips.

I own a Beretta NEOS, a Ruger 22/45, and have shot many many rounds through a Buckmark,,,
Performance wise I doubt you will be able to notice a significant difference.

My advice is to handle the guns and see which one fits your hand the best,,,
That's what will determine the actual performance for you.

For what my opinion is worth,,,
My personal favorite is the ruger 22/45.

If it don't fit,,,
You won't be able to hit.

Aarond

Clifford L. Hughes

Curly45:

When I was shooting competition for the Marine corps most of the pistols that shoters used were either custom built rugers, Hi Standards or Smith & Wessons. This was in the days before Ruger came out with their extensive line of competition .22s. I shot master scores with my Ruger, I think that it was a MK 1, 6 7/8 tapered, target barrel. I can't comment on the Buck Mark or the Neo but Browning, and Beretta both make quaity guns.

Semper Fi.

Gunnery Sergeant
Clifford L. Hughes
USMC Retired

KyJim

I've had a Ruger Mark II with bull barrel and adjustable sights for 20+ years. It is one accurate gun. Reliable, too. A lot of people also swear by the Browning. I have seen mixed reviews on the Neos in terms of reliability. A .22 range gun or plinker doesn't have to be dead nuts reliable like a defense pistol but nobody wants to fight feed or extraction issues on a pretty May afternoon.

aarondhgraham

I've had no reliability problems with any of the big five,,,

And by the big 5 I mean:
Browning Buckmark,,,
Beretta Neos,,,
Ruger Mk III,,,
Ruger 22/45,,,
S&W 22A,,,

Now of the two I own (NEOS and 22/45),,,
The Ruger has much better balance to me,,,
But ladies I take shooting like the slender grip on the NEOS.

I only have problems with Remington bulk pack ammo,,,
If I stick with CCI Blazers or Mini-Mags I have no problems with either gun.

I'm really not touting any gun over the other,,,
I truly stand by my initial advice of getting the one that fits your hand.

One thing the NEOS does have an edge in,,,
I found the 6" barrel to be a little nose heavy,,,
So I ordered a 4.5" barrel and swapped it out in 3 minutes flat.

So I put an inexpensive holographic sight on the 6" barrel,,,
This works very well and I can pop tin cans at 50 yards,,,
I keep the 4.5" barrel for leisurely plinking.

Again, just suggestions.

Aarond

Eghad

I had a Ruger .22 with the bull barell for over 20 years and sold it to another guy who is probably still shooting it.

BigJimP

I picked the Buckmark because it has a much better trigger ...and mine at least is not as finnicky on ammo ...it even runs the cheap bulk Remington junk ammo ...

paladin-34

i have a ruger mkII, and a colt huntsman both are great guns, but are 1960-50 vintage designs. accurate, heavy, DAO.

my daughter is interested in shooting and has shot those guns for years. so for her i bought the walther p22. lighter, smaller, DA/SO, still working the accuracy.

Joe

k4swb

It would be a good thing if you could shoot all of them before you decide. They are all good and it will depend on which feels the best
to you and which you can shoot best.