Seems like I never see any of y'all in the photo contest.

CraigC

I dropped one in but, well.....let's just say that I don't agree with what most seem to vote for. ;)

ClemBert

I'm kind of surprise more of you aren't posting your pics. Us soot lords need more representation over there.

Hawg

I'm with Craig. I don't care for most of the stuff the majority votes on. I doubt I care much for what the majority of soot lords would vote for. I may post one next month after I get my Hawken but I don't expect anybody to vote on it. Our stuff is too antiquated to garner many votes on a forum that caters to modern guns and younger shooters.

CraigC

Our stuff is too antiquated to garner many votes on a forum that caters to modern guns and younger shooters.
....and I'm convinced that most wouldn't know a good photo if it fell out of the sky and landed in their non-fat latte. :p

Hawg

Some people keep them new all the time. I can't deal with that. I don't understand the mentality. If you want an investment buy art.

mykeal

Some consider their guns to be art. I may or may not agree, but what they do with them is none of my business.

madcratebuilder

....and I'm convinced that most wouldn't know a good photo if it fell out of the sky and landed in their non-fat latte.

That made my morning, thanks.

Looks like the 'soot lords' have been voting, good luck ClemBert.

Last edited:

grymster2007

I need to take the time to shoot some better photos. I took a few of my '58, but I'm not happy enough with them to post in the contest.

Hawg

I'll bet there's a lot of boys with polyester toys that have hurt feelings right about now.:D

Nice 58 Clem:cool:

ClemBert

I'm with Craig. I don't care for most of the stuff the majority votes on. I doubt I care much for what the majority of soot lords would vote for. I may post one next month after I get my Hawken but I don't expect anybody to vote on it. Our stuff is too antiquated to garner many votes on a forum that caters to modern guns and younger shooters.

Yeah, but its still fun to look at y'all black powder firearms. I might vote for someone else's but it doesn't mean that I don't have an appreciation for what you have. It'd be nice though to see more participation from the black powder folk in the contest just to show the rest of them what a real firearm looks like. :D

hoytinak

I'll bet there's a lot of boys with polyester toys that have hurt feelings right about now.

Yeah, talkin about us like we ain't even here. :mad::p:D

I see yall do have some more pics in this time around. I've already got the one in mind I'm voting for myself. ;)

Hawg

I should have my Hawken close to the end of the month. If I can get a good background set up I may get it in before the deadline.

Hawg Haggen said:
Our stuff is too antiquated to garner many votes on a forum that caters to modern guns and younger shooters.

Guess there's an exception to every rule, huh Hawg?:D

'Ole Clem sure received the votes...:)

arcticap

The 1st place prizes aren't just being given away either, they really have to be earned. That photo contest competition is fierce! :)

I can't argue that, Gary. I also think although not all of them may be up to mag quality, some pics garner some original ideas for backgrounds/layouts.