Seekins upper

cmdc

I came across a Seekins 16" midlength upper with .223 Wylde chamber, M16 BCG, 41v50 barrel, 1:8 twist, M4 feed ramp, don't think it's chrome lined.

I'm not familiar with Seekins and was wondering if they are good guality.

tahunua001

seekins are extremely high quality. they are a local company and I toured their facilities when they were first getting started in a pair of rented garages. now they have a really nice factory just outside of town. I just put down money on one of their 3 gun models but complete rifles are backordered by several months. I've been wanting a seekins for years but until recently never had the funds to support one. they are the only company in my opinion that gets the fully ambidextrous controls game right with the AR15. they also manufacture most of their parts on site unlike most others that either outsource or just use aftermarket parts from other manufacturers. if you offered me a larue or any of the uber premium ARs, I would turn it down in favor of a seekins precision.

they also stand by their products 100%, they don't make you register for a warranty or anything, if it has a seekins stamp on it, they'll fix it if it's broken.

Txhillbilly

From the experience that I've had with a 18" Seekins SPR contour barrel,I'd run away as fast as I could. It was the worst shooting barrel that I've ever owned,and Seekins looked at it and said it was in spec.
Calling that barrel "Match Grade" is a joke,it averaged 1.5 - 1.75 moa groups with any handload from 55 - 77 grain bullet,and shot factory match ammo even worse.

Maybe I got a lemon,but Seekins wouldn't give me a new barrel,and I have no respect for a company that doesn't back what they sell. You couldn't give me anything from Seekins Un-Precision now!

Txhillbilly

I purchased the barrel in November, 2014. I loaded 16 different bullets from 55 gr - 77 gr with a dozen different gun powders for this barrel. While I did get several good groupings with a few loads, I could never get repeatable groups.
The smallest 5 shot group was in the .4"s, but most would shoot 1.5" - 4" groups.

Talking to Seekins was a waste of time, and it wasn't until I wrote a negative review on the site that I purchased the barel from that Seekins wanted me to send it back to them.
Seekins never shot a single round out of that barrel, but told me that it was in spec, and shipped it back to me.
Just to satisfy them, I purchased 4 different match grade factory ammo 75 - 77 grain and shot it in the Seekins, my RRA, and a ARPerformance barreled AR that I built. The RRA and ARP shot great as they always do, while the Seekins shot like crap, again. The Seekins barrel sets on a shelf in my shop now.

cmdc

Actually I've settled on a Spikes Tactical ST Enhanced Midlength if I can find a complete rifle at a decent price. Thanks for the responses.

Skans

Seekins is premium quality. IMHO, they are some of the best receivers made. AFAIK, Seekins only makes the receivers, not barrels, but I could be wrong. However, most any receivers being made these days that are forged or made from 7075 billet will last more than a lifetime.