Seecamp 380

RsqVet

Anyone out there have first hand experriance with the 380 seecamp? Seems like a winner to me given it's the size of the 32 and is 6+1, this would be a deep concelment gun for when I'm in scrubs +/- everyday pocket carry as a back up.

Durability? can it hold up to the 380? Quality / feed problmes?

I have bene thining the small gun thing over for some time and so far the Seecamp is about all I have come up with and am currenlty giving it more weight but not running out to purchase, have examined a few NAA guns and thought the trigger was horrific, almost unuseable, Kel-tek is out as I'm not that much of a gambler and am very unimpressed from my exam of them, The Seecamps I ahve examined seem quite well fit.

I'd be intrested to know if anyone has shot cor-bon DPX in theris as well, I carry my 380 infrequenlty (sig 232) and use the hydro-shock when I do and though it's on the list seecamp reccomends, the DPX looks pretty good and maybe if I'm goign to have a 380 more offten I ought to give it a try.

Please no hijack to point out the 380 is not a 45, or sugest alternatives that I have already considered and mentioned here, if there is someting new to offer please fire away.

Tayta_Mayne

I myself carry a .32 seecamp everyday. In fact since I bought mine I have not left the house without a gun. I highly recommend the seecamp. I have no personal experience with the .380 version though. I know that the springs are only good for 3000 shots I believe. There has not been one time where I have felt under armed with only the .32. There is just something nice about knowing your gun will work if you need it. Plus you can talk to the maker of the gun a the seecamp forums. As far as the price goes it's a little high for me. I considered the .380 when I bought mine, but it seems harder to maintain. If you are looking for a small anytime gun the .32 seecamp is the best way to go IMHO. It's built like a swiss watch.

Bill DeShivs

If you look at a Keltec in the conventional sense, the gun seems cheap.
They are not cheaply made, but an innovation in pocket guns. They were designed to be the lightest for their caliber. This is accomplished through using an alloy frame encased in polymer, and using a locked breech mechanism. The locked breech reduces recoil and allows use of very hot loads, and the guns will last many thousands of rounds. The Keltecs are very thin. Thickness and weight are paramount in a pocket gun.
Seecamps are good guns, but can't do anything the Keltec won't do better and cheaper.
Bill

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
I too, am a firm believer in Larry Seecamp's most excellent pocket pistols.
I have the LWS-32 myself, and its my "always gun". Very dependable,
made of stainless steel, weighs only 13.25 ozs, and works well in my
Uncle Mikes front pocket holster. I use it mainly as a BUG to the much
larger 1911 .45 ACP that I normally carry. And, I'm not a big fan of any
Kel-Tec products~!:D

mossie3

good luck finding a 380 seecamp.

I shot a 32 seecamp, and a 380 guardian the same day, but didn't see much difference between each's trigger pull. Actually I found the seecamp more difficult to shoot comfortably, probably due to it being a smaller profile gun.

RsqVet

I'm not polymer advers as I have a G26, however Kel tec is out because even some to many of it's promoters warn that they may "require work" to be 100% and frankly I have no time or patiance to deal with a gun that requires trips to the factory or a bunch of tinkering to get the thing to work, these are comments from some people I know, a few in LE who carry the kel-tek, that's great for them and if they are happy fine, but the legions who have and report problmes on the gun makes me not want to be an owner.

govmule84

You might see if you can try a newer Kel-Tec . . . The factory has corrected a lot of the problems people used to "fluff and buff" away. I only mention it because I was dead set against one, and mine has literally never failed to feed or fire. It's a very reliable piece...I've had great luck, perhaps you might.

alamo

You read more about Kel-Tec problems than other pocket pistols because there are many, many more out there. Take a look at these figures for 2003 (last year available). Note - this table is pistols only, not revolvers.

http://www.shootingindustry.com/02pages/SpecRep3.html#Anchor-Pistol-6296

The P-3AT came out in July of that year and it took awhile to get up to full production with that pistol. Current annual P-3AT production is more than double than the figure in that table.

Seecamp made just 1,463 pistols that year. NAA Arms (Guardian) made just 3,546 .32s and .380s to Kel-Tecs 37,814.

I used to own a Seecamp. They are fine pistols but not perfect. Mine had numerous problems & customer service took many months back then. I sold it to a friend (who was aware of the problems) who finally got a gunsmith to get it working. I bought an Autauga .32 which worked perfectly and later several Kel-Tecs which I carry today (P-3AT).

Roberta X

$800? Wow! I paid just over half that for a used Colt Pocketlite .380 and I am very happy with it. Small, light, 6+1 and dependable. However, it is certainly fatter than a Kel-Tec. I can hit what I am aiming at with it, despite the (light) DAO.

Purchased an AMT Backup in .380 shortly before the Colt. Similar size, low price, more weight, ludicrous takedown (seriously! Look it up) and one of the most slippery small guns I have ever owned. I can't shoot it very well.

Seecamp has a good rep and will likely hold fair resale value.

Buy something you like, that fits your hand and carry style well, and that you can use accurately. Accept that you may have to buy more than one before you find one that is best for you.

--Anyone interested in an AMT? :)

Last edited:

michael t

I belive Larry has about a 2yr waiting list for the 380 I also want a Seecamp for myself and have decided the 32 will work just fine That small of pistol their will be really little difference between the two. Except in recoil .
As for KelTec I bought 2 of the 2gen P-32 and took home ran some break free down slide rails and went to shooting I have over 300 rounds out of mine and wife is around 250 I keep clean and carry every day She does same. I was a KT knocker now I am supporter.
I still want a Seecamp because I can.

los

You can't go wrong with a Seecamp. I really love mine!

MySeecampNkimber2.jpg

Here's a video of me shooting my LWS32. Target was placed about 15ft away.

Remember, this weapon has a 2" barrel and no sights. It is designed strictly for self-defense scenario in CQB distances. Check out the accuracy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydcGYLR_2Dc