Season opener first turkey

Clayfish

I got my first turkey today! It's the opener here and by 8am my first bird ever was DOA. He's not spectacular and I don't have pics but I just wanted to share. I can see why people get addicted to turkey hunting but I'm not quite ready to put down my deer rifle yet. Hopefully the fish will be biting this afternoon like the turkey were calling this morning. I'm pumped! Anybody have a good recipe for turkey. I deboned him and will probably strip and deep fry it.

boltgun71

Congratulations and definently have to agree that deep fried turkey is the best. Pick out a good marinade, inject the bird with it, and fry it at 3 1/2 minutes per pound at 325 degrees. Delicious!

FirstFreedom

Very Niiiiiiiice [/Borat] Can't wait til April 6 here!

With the breast I like to make stir-fry with off-the-shelf "Chicken Helper Stir Fry", plus add my own onions, broccoli, tad bit of celery, lots of scrambled eggs, cilantro, & soy sauce. Either that or turkey fajitas with corn tortillas, onions, peppers, cilantro, cheese, tomatoes, & sour cream.

With the legs & thighs, turkey & dumplings is tough to beat. Take the meat off the bone before cooking though, so as not to have to deal with the long leg bones that get "paper-shell" brittle when cooked.

wolverine350

me either cant wait till april 6, got my little maverick 88 with a 20" accu choke barrel ready to go and its crying turkey, turkey:D