Searching For An Oiler

Adventurer 2

The below picture is of a Carbine Oiler. As you can see it is small. I just picked this one up. It is my second. I like it because it is indestructable - made of steel and the cap doesn't come off until you want it to. The little metal rod will put a single drop of oil precisely where I want it. If I want more oil I hold a q-tip or patch to the opening and tilt. I keep one on my AR-15. This one I will keep on the workbench.

I was wondering if a similiar type of oiler exists that has a larger capacity - I still want the rod dropper and indestructible, leak proof container.
CarbineOiler.jpg

IDAHOMIKE

Mybe not practical for you, but I use syringes from the vet store. I just nip the point off with some cutters and good to go. lots of different sizes and those tiny needles make it easy to get into the nooks and crannies. I have different ones for different kinds of oil.

eppler

Do not try this one it creates a vacuum when the oil comes out. I always had to open the cap to let air vent in and the seals go bad fast.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 74

Adventurer 2

Creative use for a syringe.
Thanks for the heads up on the pen oiler.
The above is for a M1 Carbine. I don't own a M1 but I find the oiler very useful. It is used to attach the sling to the M1. One time, security at the airport pulled it out of my carry on - looked at me funny - I told him it was oil. My suitcase wheels squeak very loud from time to time - bring just a little oil to put on the rollers when they act up.
http://www.buymilsurp.com/index.php...067393ea73b83f1d2eccce2&keyword=carbine+oiler

I was just wondering if there was some type of larger version out there.

7jinxed7

Yeah I've seen those.Thats a good idea to have the oil and solvent in the same container.More militaries should use that style.
If I run across anything else I'll let you know.

tranks

IDAHOMIKE-
Mybe not practical for you, but I use syringes from the vet store. I just nip the point off with some cutters and good to go. lots of different sizes and those tiny needles make it easy to get into the nooks and crannies. I have different ones for different kinds of oil.
i do that too. i got a 3 pack of 3ml syringes for less then $2. works great, i can put oil in the smallest of places.

Steel Talon

FWIW..

I have a set of watchmaker fine dip oiler tools for my bench. You dip the needle point into your oil solution it will pick up a bit of oil. Then transfer to your firearm touch tip to part you want oiled and "viola" oil drop is place.